Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nails -You Will Never Be One of Us (June 17, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Apr 15, 2016.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Check out stuff like All Pigs Must Die, New Lows, Weekend Nachos,

2. JunBringer

These guys became one of my favorites once I columbus'd them. I dunno that there is anything heavier.

3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

been getting more into these guys. didn't like them too much when I heard them a few years ago.

4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I actually used to listen to all of those bands years ago outside of DITD and APMD which I've never heard but will check out. Excited to relisten to that New Lows record haha

5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

NL is so good.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  6. cherrywaves

Trusted

New Lows are hard as F

Drew Beringer likes this.
  7. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Just got out of the Michigan show. Seriously, if you have a chance, fucking see them. Even former DEP guitarist Jeff Tuttle was rocking out in the front.

swboyd likes this.
  8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Saw them last night in Chicago. Beat live set I've seen so far this year.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

The new album is very good. Definitely one of my favorite heavy albums of the year.

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

Moshing/outward aggression to music is dumb etc etc but there are like 6-7 riffs on this record that would make me put my forehead through drywall without a second of hesitation

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Consensual moshing is alright. Which is definitely what it'd be at a nails show lol idk how someone could not want to throw down to this, I haven't pitted since I was a teenager and even I would definitely throw down at a nails show

12. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah I mean it's definitely situational haha it's to be expected at these shows. I don't really get it myself, but as long as there's boundaries and not crowdkilling, play on.

stillbrazy likes this.
  13. flask

Trusted Supporter

I, for one, love Nails' dedication to the mosh.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  14. Horrorca

Trusted

didn't know this was out - I'll listen tomorrow, but the first album is sick

----------

people over here will not like that...

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i can't believe i didn't block horrorca until now, i really wasted a ton of time not doing that

TheWater(s) and stillbrazy like this.
  16. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Trust me, I don't get it either. I still think two stepping is the dumbest fucking thing ever. The crowd was really good at the Michigan show. I prepared and moved myself to stage left to keep away from the moshing. Still had a great time.

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

Boston show was chaos. Dudes hanging from pipes, circle pits every song. Tight band, love Todd Jones' intensity.

Also Full of Hell was really cool too. Their drummer is wild

flask likes this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

full of hell + the body album from this year is so fucking goood

sorry off topic lol

19. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Listening to this right now.

The way I'm amped up reminds me of that scene in the movie Lords of Dogtown where (I think it's Rise Against portraying Black Flag) is playing and someone gets thrown through a store front window. People then just climb out the window and start moshing in the street. Basically this music makes me feel like I could get thrown through a window right now and still get up and mosh my face off.

cherrywaves likes this.
  20. cherrywaves

Trusted

I bought this and their Merzbow collab at their table afterwards. Never listened to the Body, haven't heard anything off either record! Good to hear a ringing endorsement

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

oh wow i fucking love the body, they have so many great albums and their record from this year without full of hell is amazing too. but my favorite body project is their collab album with thou.

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

Oh yeah haven't listened to that record either but Thou is dope. Feel like I'm going to like this band lol

stillbrazy likes this.
  23. Horrorca

Trusted

the one with Krieg is total fucking darkness - I think that one's my favorite

24. cherrywaves

Trusted

So fun fact Nails' touring guitarist now is Saosin's touring guitarist, who is also one of the founding members of As I Lay Dying. Didn't know that until just now. Interesting resume

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious