Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nada Surf Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 1, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Just bought/donated myself

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Just now seeing that the new album Peaked on the billboard charts at #44. That’s cool!

Nada Surf | Billboard

bd007h likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Also, how's everyone been liking the newest album? TBH, I think it's their strongest and most cohesive effort since Lucky. They really deliver on the nostalgia factor while still making everything sound fresh.

Weight Is A Gift is still my number 1, but I can totally see this one making it's way up towards my top 3 with time.

bd007h likes this.
  5. cherrywaves

Trusted

I didn’t go back to it, definitely a case of diminishing returns for me with their most recent records. I’ll have to give it another spin

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I haven’t fully clicked with anything they’ve done since Lucky, though I have gone back to The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy a few times lately and have been digging that more than I ever did when it came out.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Stars Are Indifferent is an album I almost always forget about, but when I remember to listen to it I end up enjoying it.

It took me a couple years to get into You Know Who You Are. There are some really good songs on that.

I just don't remember clicking with a Nada Surf album so fast since Weight Is A Gift came out. That's how I'm experiencing this new album.

8. Craig Manning

I think I need to spend more time with the new one. You Know Who You Are definitely has some big highlights, but it's not one I tend to go back to a ton.

That trio of Let Go, The Weight Is a Gift, and Lucky was really special, IMO. It's funny: looking back, it feels like "Inside of Love" and "Always Love" were big hits, even though they were nothing of the sort. Those songs really feel like staples.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That's so true. Those two songs specifically. I feel like I hear those two songs in movies and on random tv shows from 2000-2010 all the time haha.

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

god what a great run

cherrywaves and Craig Manning like this.
  11. Craig Manning

Yeah, they were all over TV for sure. I’ve also heard both of them numerous times in the pre-show mix at concerts I’ve been to. I think they’re just pretty beloved songs across a wide cross section of listeners.

I’m always surprised they don’t have more of a following on this site, specifically because that run hit right in the sweet spot of formative musical years for many of us.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  12. cherrywaves

Trusted

Stars is a record a lot of Nada Surf fans don’t seem to like, but it’s probably my second favorite

Craig Manning likes this.
  13. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I love the recent records, to be honest.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Just bumping to say how much I still love this band. Never Not Together has solidified itself as a top 3 Nada Surf album for me. The deluxe edition is a nice addition too.

Currently listening to Stars Are Indifferent. That one probably sits at number 4 for me. Took awhile to truly appreciate it, but it’s so good.

bd007h and Gianni28 like this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I watch this concert a lot when I want something playing. My daughter loves it too and it makes me so happy. Super happy the band released it during quarantine.

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Just watched Matthew on Instagram live and they’re in a house writing an album. He showed their song board with about 7 songs on it right now.

cherrywaves and Onlyadirector like this.
  17. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I put on the new Band of Horses album, and if I hadn't known it was Band of Horses, I'd have been positive it was Nada Surf

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’ll have to check that out now lol

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully getting some new music this year. They’ve been writing and recording!

Onlyadirector likes this.