Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mythic Quest (Apple TV) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Ted is a very good show but it’s almost too feel-good for me. I fully recognize this is an unpopular opinion lol i love the big cast in MQ and the shifts in tone.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I feel like MQ leans more cynical, while Ted is way more optimistic and earnest. Both trying to do way different things and succeeding.

coleslawed and Rowan5215 like this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

finally got home to see the latest ep

I do think they maybe leant too hard into the nastiness in the first half, as entertaining as it is to hear FMA swear a lot, but man that ending clinched the whole storyline

"until it's over" has me ugly crying good god

irthesteve likes this.
  4. Rowan5215

if they don't announce a s3 renewal soon I will burn this world to the ground

Indigo, Zilla and coleslawed like this.
  5. That was great. Didn't think they were going to continue the thread from the flashback ep.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

This and Ted are very different but like Ted, MQ always finds a way to really hit the necessary emotional beats.

Indigo, Rowan5215 and Zilla like this.
  7. Rowan5215

I've rewatched "Please Sign Here" like five times already, and somehow the pan to David sitting on the windowsill gets funnier every single time

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

it blows my mind that we don't see Hornsby all over the place. His stint on Good Girls was fantastic. The show hasn't really held my interest since he left.

irthesteve and Rowan5215 like this.
  9. Rowan5215

I've only seen him in this and Always Sunny but he's absolutely one of the most versatile performers in both. terrific writer too!

coleslawed likes this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

David is definitely my favorite character in MQ.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If you haven't watched Good Girls, the first two seasons are awesome. Whenever he is on screen its even better. Can't really suggest seasons 3 & 4 tho. lol.

Matthew Lillard is also a class act. I think he is most of what keeps me watching.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

oh word I'll watch anything with Lillard in it. genuinely think he's one of the most underrated actors around lol

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I don't really know why I still watch Good Girls, probably just because the leads are still great, but the writing has gotten so bad

14. Rowan5215

this show really has a bead on how to make me cry every single week. jesus

15. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. irthesteve

it's a minor detail, but the show is just "Mythic Quest" since the beginning of this season if anyone wants to update the thread title

mescalineeyes likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

if I must..

[​IMG]

coleslawed, Zilla and TSLROCKS like this.
  18. irthesteve

very impressed at your quick turaround time here!

19. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Damn, incredible episode. Incredible season so far

20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

How is there only one left... :verysad:

Please, please renew this for season 3.

21. irthesteve

Only one left???????

22. The use of Horizon clips was odd lol. Turns out the actress who plays Rachel voiced the main character in that game.

23. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

I think the idea was that they just showed a hodgepodge of popular games (even Diablo was in there) to hammer home the point how unoriginal and derivative Ian’s expansion was.

24. Ah that makes total sense! I thought there might have been other games used, but I didn't recognize them.

25. Rowan5215

watching early Always Sunny rn, which is of course great but it is truly stunning how much better an actor Rob has become in the intervening decade lmao

coleslawed, irthesteve and Zilla like this.