Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Thanks to Tourvival

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

My thanks to Tourvival for sponsoring the website this week. Tourvival was founded by a husband and wife team that care deeply about music and DIY culture. The website is a new community for touring bands, promoters, and fans who want to volunteer. Bands can use Tourvival to ask for housing and other hospitality needs while on tour and get help with booking DIY shows. With ratings, reviews, and member verification built in — Tourvival makes it easier to tour in new places with confidence.

Tourvival is also on Facebook.

Our thanks to Tourvival for sponsoring Chorus this week.

2. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Wow that's a really cool service. Not sure how they can afford to do it for free, but I hope a lot of bands utilize it.

keith likes this.
  3. keith

Thanks! (Tourvival founder here).

We aren't doing anything to make money at this point yet, just floating this out of our own pockets.

If enough people start using it regularly, then we will start to implement our plans for bringing in money to cover site costs, additional development time, etc. For now its expirement time.

-Keith

4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

So if I'm just a music fan who wants to support touring artists in more direct ways but not involved with the music scene, I can use this to get more involved?

I've always wanted to volunteer in some way...opening my home for a night, helping with logistical info, I'd even move gear around if needed.

keith and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. Registered! Sounds like a cool thing you've got going there that I'm stoked to be a part of. It'll be really cool as it grows more and more.

keith likes this.
  6. keith

Definitely. Just keep an eye out for bands submitting hospitality requests near you. Sometimes they need a place to crash or a meal, and you can provide that for them by signing up on Tourvival.

On the website you can set your notify/range preferences for upcoming requests. So that means when a band asks for help within an X mile radius of where you live, you will automatically get an email.

Serenity Now likes this.
  7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Cool deal. I just signed up. Pittsburgh, PA is on the map!

keith likes this.
  8. keith

Awesome thanks!