Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Thanks to The Maine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

When The Maine first broke onto the scene, I thought they were going to be some flash in the pan band. I was dead wrong. Last week the band released their sixth full-length album, Lovely Little Lonely, and it’s quite good. If you slept on this band in the past, I think this is their best album by a pretty wide margin. It’s catchy yet unique and showcases the band’s ear for melody in a way I truly never expected when I heard the band’s debut. They proved me very wrong.

It’s the weekend, toss the new album from The Maine on while you’re doing some chores or playing some video games today. Trust me, it’s good.

My thanks to The Maine for sponsoring Chorus this week.

2. 44DeLonge

:thumbup:it's not good it's fuckin brilliant! awesome! fantastic! album of the year! love this album :)
    the only thing is that it's just 34 min long :(

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Haven't really listened since album two, but I really enjoyed the first album and most of the second. Think I'll give this a go tomorrow.

4. Dead_Presley

I get good 90's vibes peppered throughout. Lots of the mid tempo tracks remind me of 3eb. I love it

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

So cliche but they honestly do get better with every record. I loved AC, and this tops it for me. Taxi is so insanely catchy.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That is a beautiful summary of how I feel about this album/band. I honestly thought they'd never top Pioneer for me, but this one may actually do it. I honestly don't remember the last time an album hit me this way. It says exactly the things I needed to hear at exactly the time I needed to hear it, and that all culminates in How Do You Feel. I'm going to spin this so much this summer. It sounds fantastic on vinyl too. It really highlights how beautifully the songs flow in and out of each other. I have so many things to say about this album.

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This band is flying high right now. They truly get better every release

8. nathannorrgran

"Taxi" might be song of the year for me. Album is stellar. This band matured perfect.

Ryan, Mr. Serotonin and Daniel182 like this.
  9. jorbjorb

7 rings

best album so far this year. love it.

Ryan and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  10. Dead_Presley

Top 10 AOTY contender for me. Can't wait to spin my vinyl. The intro of "Lovely" into "black butterflies" is so great to me. Love how they have matured

11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

So great. Inspirational, really.

12. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Hearing a lot of 90s in this. That is a good thing. Haven't really given these guys a chance since Black & White. Definitely changing that now.

13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Wait, people listen to music while playing games? I guess it does line up pretty well w/ RE7:crylaugh:. ANYHOW, great album w/ curveball melodies, like Jason said.

14. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Perfect example of a band I've known about since forever, but ignored entirely. That pains me, b/c they're really good. It gives ya chills when you stick by a band doesn't it? That's me w/ BMTH.

15. xenoabe

Regular

100% agree. I hadn't listened to them in probably 10 years and I can't stop spinning this album.

16. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I actually dismissed this band until American Candy!

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha yeah that'd kinda ruin the mood. I listen to music when playing sports games, but that's about it.

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Will definitely be playing this album a lot this summer.

19. thrilliam

love the new album. can't wait to catch them in nyc next week!

20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Ditto, sometimes I'd listen while playing SSX. If a soundtrack sucks and the game audio isn't important.