Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Roommate From Hell • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by neptune, Apr 8, 2016.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, don't do it. I have two dogs and they definitely do wear down furniture lol. And I've been in the "I don't have money for rent right now" situation and it's annoying. If you think that's even a possibility, don't move in with her. Especially since pets are expensive, she just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

That's what I'm thinking. I found an apt I might be able to afford on my own, but I'll have to go there and ask about one bedrooms since it's a price range. Water, sewer, trash is included AND you can pay for a garage (which I can use for my car/and or storage) its only 100/month for that, and I'd pay for it bc it'll be worth it, also comes with washer/dryer in unit and since water is included with rent, I don't have to worry about a water bill, which is what I'm looking for. They're fairly new and look nice from the photos. Plus most apt have a 2 pet limit and she has more than 2. Also about the furniture thing, I've seen what her last furniture looked like- idk if she bought it all torn up, but it looks like it belongs outside. And idk if thats the one she's talking about that she has, but I do not want that in my place of living. Hopefully looking to try it out once I pay off my loan

tyramail likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I put in an application for my own apartment. Last night my rm came home at 12am to let the dogs in and then she left to stay the night with whoever. I called her out and said it was sucky to leave me alone with the dogs when she knows they'll go to the bathroom on the floor. She didn't respond. This morning I text her and was just candid about it being a dick move and that I nag preschoolers all day and come home to nag an adult and I never get a break.

Like srsly last night I come home from work after being kicked, hit, threatened, etc all day not to mention hearing about such traumatic home lives which takes a huge toll. I get home and the house is covered in dog hair and not all the way cleaned up pee on the floor. I go to sleep sick and on Nyquil, wake up to my employee telling me she's sick and I have to shake my Nyquil haze to go in early, there's dog poop all over the kitchen floor, and I just lost it. I need to be able to chill. Im not like ferverently looking for housing but I put in an app so we'll see.

PandaBear! likes this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Good luck. Having two dogs, I can't imagine leaving them like that and expecting my roommate to deal with it. You've honestly put up with it longer than most would, you deserve your own space.

5. Kiana

I think I put up it with it so long because I do like her as a friend still. I kinda separate her the friend and her the roommate. As a friend I feel for her because I know she's going thru a lot and is consequently making bad decisions and I feel guilt that she's gonna struggle to pay rent/bills on her own on top of everything else. As a roommate tho I'm just done. I've told her a zillion times and it never changes. Idk hopefully it's a reality check for her to get it together.

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I get that, for sure. However, I will say that your own self care comes first, especially in situations you can control like this. I understand the friend part, but it's probably not worth it for your own sanity to keep rooming with her, especially because you're worried she can't make it on her own. That's her own deal to figure out, she's an adult. You do you, girl.

7. Kiana

I know, i guess it's just a nagging sense of sadness. I care about her and watching her kinda get swallowed up and it sucks even tho i know its not my responsibility. I'm sure she'll work it out but clearly her priorities are elsewhere rn and I can't deal. Plus I've wanted to live alone since college lol. I just wanna kick my feet up, hear the sound of silence, and get my life being the hermit I was always meant to be!!

PandaBear! likes this.
  8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I'm 28 and it took until I was 26 to realize being a fixer was not the best thing for my mental health hahah, so I totally understand the feeling of wanting to help even if it's not your responsibility. My girlfriend and I are moving at the end of our lease and it'll be the first time we'll be without roomies. We like our current roomie as a person, but same thing as you, he just sucks as a roommate haha. Live alone, live your dream! You live in Oregon, but which area? I know I've asked you before I just have a horrible memory haha.

9. Kiana

I live in eastern oregon, so at least rent isn't too bad lol. Sucks cause part of the reason I was living with her is to save up to move closer to pdx or maybe in Washington next year, but I guess I'll save another way!

10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Oh, yeah that would be nice haha. I live in Oregon City, so it mirrors Portland's prices fairly close. Well, at least if you're not living alone you could maybe find another roommate that didn't make you lose your mind.

11. Carmen SD

Trusted

I'm afraid if I move in with my friend who wants to room with me, I'll run into the same things as Kiana. Even my co workers said it's a bad idea to move in with the friend I described. I've seen my friends last place and how she took care of it. Very messy. I'm not a super tidy person, but I wouldn't leave things as bad as she leaves things. Plus idk if she still does drugs. I don't want ANY drugs in the place even if its just pot. Also I don't want to run in to her trashing the place and me having to pay for damages because our deposit wouldn't be enough/I wouldn't get my deposit back. Plus in order for her to keep all her animals, we'd have to rent a house or fork over lots of money for rent because the places that allow more than 2 pets are pricey, if you find a place that allows more than 2 pets. I'm also looking for specifics when it comes to an apt.

12. Kiana

Honestly I'm not even anti living with a friend. It just has to be compatible. This friend and I lived together in the past and it was pretty fine, but they're going thru things now that made it not work this time. I think if it seems to align well, go for it. Seems like there's a lot of cons in ur sitch tho so I prob wouldnt with that particular person

13. Carmen SD

Trusted

If I was 19 then I could live with her because that was our "party phase" and she didn't have all these animals back then. But, I have more doubts than I would like so I'm safer not living with her. Her animals are a main issue for me not wanting to live with her since it's costly, they ruin the furniture and carpets, they're noisy, and I don't want to get stuck having to take care of them/pay for them.

14. Kiana

I talked about it in the gen thread but I'm moving out. Gonna live alone and I'm hyped but also nervous. Gonna live downtown in a cute lil apartment. My rm is cool with it and is supportive which is nice. I think things were awkward at first when I told her I was looking at places but it has gone back to normal. She's been more respectful with her dogs lately, but is still constantly leaving the door unlocked. I got home at 11pm tonight and nobody was home and the backdoor was unlocked so if I die it's because there's a murderer hiding somewhere.

EmmanuelSCastle and MrCon like this.