Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Roommate From Hell • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by neptune, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Kiana Mar 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2017)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ok another post like this. I know it's like my fault now for not leaving, but it's just so much more economical to live with a roommate. Basically, once again rm left her dogs in the house all night while she stayed somewhere else. Since last night the kitchen has been filled with dog pee and poop it's honestly disgusting and I'm ashamed to even call it my house. She just came home literally rn but this is so not okay.

And tbh, our power bill has become so high lately that it might actually be the same to move. There's a gorgeous apt in town that u pay a flat fee for and it covers rent and all ur utilities. It was more expensive than my situation now so I dismissed it, but with how high our bills have been, it is now about the same (or minimally more expensive) to live alone in those apts than with her. That is a big deal for me, because a lot of my decision has been wrapped up in saving money.

2. Kiana

Welp she didn't get her dogs last night cause her cousin was shot and killed so I'm an official future contender for most horrible person in hell now

Dominick likes this.
  3. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, how could you know? She's done it frequently before. It is terrible about her family member, though.

4. Kiana

Tbh even before I sent the irritated text I was waffling because she never leaves them here overnight anymore. She either comes home or takes them with her if she's gonna be gone over night, so I was wondering if it was a family emergency but then I went with her being disrespectful so I do feel bad for believing the worst even if I couldn't have known. She hasn't seen my annoyed text to her yet but when she came to me to apologize for the dogs and tell me what happened I warned her about it. I guess I just feel guilty cause she's going thru that and when she's able to get her phone back she's gonna read it and I don't want her to feel bad

Dominick likes this.
  5. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I definitely see where you're coming from. I guess you can offer your support in order to ameliorate how she might feel when she sees the text.

Kiana likes this.
  6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

As terrible as that may be, when it happens frequently as it is, there isn't really an excuse for it. There is no way you could've known, so don't feel bad!

7. Kuri44

Isn't that a bit racist?

Raku likes this.
  8. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I get along with mine alright. Although they say shitty things every now and then they know to at least not do that around me after I told one of their friends to gtfo of my apartment. And despite the incident that happened a few months ago, which I unfortunately have no updates on, but I kinda calmed down a bit after hearing more about what happened. It involved friends of friends but I just wish they had better radars for the people they let in here, but in a college town everyone lets everyone into their house as long as they know a friend or you personally.

9. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Seigfried likes this.
  10. Kuri44

So not wanting to live with someone based solely on the color of their skin isn't considered racist anymore? Or Do you believe that when they're white it's an exception?

Raku likes this.
  11. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

It isn't racist to intentionally seek out communal spaces that are solely for people of color. And, in any case, I agreed to let the white person live there, so what the fuck is your point?

12. Kuri44 Mar 12, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2017)
    Kuri44

Wasn't making a point, just asked questions about your actions for clarity on a certain subject. I'll keep my opinions to myself, no need to get angry

Raku likes this.
  13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I have three roommates and 2 of them are great but one is a total slob who doesn't clean and swipes my ice cream so I'm salty about cleaning up after him in order to try and curb our pest problem. After reading this thread I'm glad that's the worst of it all

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I had this horrible roommate last year when I was living with my girlfriend for a few months. I won't list the myriad of typical awful roommate things she did, but one time she left her door open when she wasn't home , and my girlfriends dog went in there and was pulling bits of laundry out of her room (cause thats just how the dog rolls). So i'm walking into my room when I see a pair of boxer briefs (she was a rather large woman) on the floor and the god damn boxers are just COVERED in shit. Like poop shit, destroyed by poop these boxers were. It was horrific, I froze and was in shock. Thank you thread for reminding me of this horrible experience.

I'm still rattled from it.

angrycandy likes this.
  15. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

The pest problem with slob roommates is the worst. Our apartment goes through spurts of ants so literally any little spill or crumb of anything has to be cleaned. So I always end up cleaning up after my messy roomy because I don't want ants, but he never cleans up after himself.

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah we had our apartment sprayed for roaches so i try to at the very least wipe down the counters every night with disinfecting wipes and leave no dishes lying around, so i feel you. slob roommates are the worst. idc if youre messy as long as you clean up afterwards so there are no roaches smh. i'm pretty sure i take out the trash a good 3/4 of the time too which is a weird ratio when you have three roommates.

17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

My girlfriend and I went to the beach for the weekend and I cleaned the entire kitchen Thursday night before we left. The sink was empty and the dishwasher was dirty, but of course we came home to a sink full of dishes and like 5 beer bottles on the counter. Then, I told one of my roommates that I was annoyed and he asked me why I was being so grumpy about the dishes not being done. I'm so excited he is leaving in May haha. Also excited that my girlfriend and I are moving to our own place after this lease.

18. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

My current roommate is fine as a person but he is an awful, awful roommate.

He never leaves. And by that, I mean he literally never leaves this room. Only for classes and only to shower. Other than that, this is the only place he spends his time. Obnoxiously watching and playing things on his computer and TV at max volume with no headphones. As well as the fact that his girlfriend practically lives here and those two are always talking constantly. Like, he said he'd have his girlfriend over often at the beginning of the year, but I didn't realize "over often" would mean literally spends every night here and uses this room as her home base.

Jesus christ I can't wait to have my own space again.

nl5011 likes this.
  19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

One of my roommates is driving me insane. The last few weeks there has been a couple incidents where he has eaten mine and my girlfriend's food without asking. Some of the time he'll apologize and tell us he ate/drank something of ours but make no inclination he plans to replace it or pay us back for it. My girlfriend bought shrimp from a local seafood shop and it was pretty expensive and he said he was going to make dinner with shrimp and she said he couldn't use ours and then he tried to say that it was his and that he bought it. Today, I had ordered a pizza and had the box in the fridge with two slices left. Without asking, he just ate the rest of it. It's super frustrating considering I would think it's common knowledge to not touch shit that isn't yours.

20. Kiana

My rm keeps forgetting to lock the back sliding door after she lets her dogs out. I'm like sis, I watch too much true crime tv and I'm not gonna die today.

Any potential murderers lurking: it is locked currently!!!

21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

sue him

22. Carmen SD

Trusted

Not a roommate rant but roommate related I suppose because it seemed like the thread that fit best.

A friend of mine wants me to live with her (were both trying to move out, her more than me). Knowing her as long as I have I have doubts in trust when it comes down to bills and rent. We both don't want to pay more than a certain amount, and it find "cheap" apartments means moving to a city that I hate, and over an hour commute to work. Trying to find something reasonable distance to commute. Anyway, a lot of apartments in our area are out of our price range and if it may fit, they have a pet limit. She has tons of pets she will have to take with her and won't get rid of. On top of the pet limit, there is a pet deposit that is nearly half of what rent will be. Not sure if its for each pet or a set fee. Oh and pet rent. Since they're not my animals I would tell her she's responsible for the large sum of money that is the pet deposit and also responsible for half of the apartment deposit. Also I'm not really too fond of most of her pets, they're really hyper and somewhat out of control- I can't really find the words to explain it. She doesn't always spend her money wisely. I want to live with her, but at the same time knowing her, she may not be the best person to live with.

23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Don't do it.

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

LMAO!!! Like, the dog pooped on them? Orrrrr?! Holy shit, who the fuck would shit themselves and just leave the underwear on the fucking floor I am fucking dying :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

oldjersey likes this.
  25. Carmen SD

Trusted

That's what part of me is saying. I'm afraid I'll come upon a situation where she'll say she doesn't have money for her share of the bills because of this and that and I'll stuck paying it. Which wouldn't be good because then she'll have to pay me back and it will just add up for her. Plus I have a really nice couch I'm going to take with me (and other furniture I bought) and I don't want the animals to destroy it. Even if I have a couch cover. It's tough because I can find a one bedroom in my area that is affordable