Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Epic Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Lucas27, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

Incredible band. Just released a new song off the upcoming "Viscera - EP" and it's ridiculous good. Thoughts on these guys?

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

One of my favourite bands. I am eagerly anticipating the new EP. Wish it was a full length though!

3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Although Viscera ended up being a disappointment and felt a bit short, I'm still looking forward to their next EP. They've hit such heights in the past that I could never discount them.

4. Haven't listened to this band in a bit, this is pretty cool though

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  5. zacooper

Regular

I really wish Thrice would take these guys on tour with them and get them some more exposure. I love Yet and Behold.

wood&wire and awakeohsleeper like this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Would be amazing but sadly they don't really play many shows. I think they said last year that they're aiming for a tour, a couple of festivals (like Facedown & Audiofeed) and an EP each year. Which is definitely better than nothing - which they were often doing between albums.

7. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

I initially felt the same way about Viscera, but I put it on last month and somehow couldn't stop listening to it! It was the strangest thing. I really enjoy it now.

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Sounds like I need to revisit it. My main criticism was that it seemed so short but it definitely didn't grip my attention.

When they put out the next EP I may create a back-to-back playlist.

9. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

That's a good idea. Actually letting the lyrics sink in helped me appreciate the music more, too, in a weird way. Very excited for whatever the next release.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Their lyrics are one of the things that usually hit me most so having Viscera not doing that was a surprise. Some releases you just have to work harder with and perhaps I didn't! I'll give it a spin over the weekend.

wood&wire likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Edit: sorry, didn't realise someone had made an album thread - let's continue the conversation there!

My Epic have finally announced their next release and, surprise, it's two EPs! One in March and one later this year.

The first single is here:

I'm really excited for the two themes they've identified here. It hits right where I'm at with faith and life.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  12. zacooper

Regular

13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

full album coming, too!

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

A full length is welcome.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Aaron Stone is on the new Everything In Slow Motion album if anyone is interested:

17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Lol I just posted about this album in the other My Epic thread. So great, and Aaron’s feature is killer.

awakeohsleeper likes this.