Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Epic - Ultraviolet (March 30th, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by austingordon, Feb 2, 2018.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yet is sooooooooooo good

Nate_Johnson and beachdude42 like this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’ll admit that I’m not religious, and Christian bands that have really openly faith-based lyrics are often a turn-off for me... but these guys are so good musically that it doesn’t really bother me much here.

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Hmmmmm okay. I’m gonna take your word here

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

You have a similar position I'm assuming?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yeah, I can’t do it with a lot of the overt themes. Oddly enough tho there was this pop CCM record by (I believe) Francesca Battistelli a couple years back that I still just loved bc the melodies were so indelible I was able to look past the worship

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Good music is good music.

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

This ep is awesome. Really makes me want to rediscover their discography since i've been listening to this so much lately.

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Finally bought this - don't know why I was so slow in getting it. A few listens in and I'm enjoying it so far. Some of the lyrics instantly stick out and connect with you.

One thing: when they said this EP explored their softer side I thought it would be more like 'Broken Voice'. It is different to that but I am look forward to exploring it further.

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. beachdude

I’ve been slowly working my way through this band’s discography. Really impressed.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

What’s your favourite so far?

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

Possibly Behold or the Viscera EP... I think they really shine on the atmospheric side.

12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I consider Yet to be an absolute masterpiece

13. Lucas27

Trusted

Behold is their masterpiece to me. I love the way it balances their softer and heavier side.

But everything they've done is an absolute gem to me, musically and lyrically. I can't wait for Violence.

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yet and Broken Voice just meant to much to me lyrically that I can't overlook them for my favourite release. Behold is great too. I still don't feel like I properly got into Viscera - I much prefer Ultraviolet.

theagentcoma and beachdude42 like this.
  15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

When is Violence coming out? I also can't wait for it. Been greatly enjoying Ultraviolet ever since it came out.

Nate_Johnson and beachdude42 like this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

No release date as of yet. I assume it'll be towards the end of the year - hopefully sooner!

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is pretty cool: live and acoustic.

18. Lucas27

Trusted

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. beachdude

I’m still not religious, but this band is SO GOOD. I think Behold and the Viscera EP are my two favorite releases now... to me they’re the perfect meeting point between the melodic and heavier sides of their sound.

20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Still highly anticipating Violence. Hopefully it's still coming out this year.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I think it will be - as far as I remember they record it alongside Ultraviolet.

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just realised we never got an announcement date for Violence. It was always scheduled for late 2018 but thought they would have announced it by now.

23. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Ultraviolet is so dang good. Will definitely end up in my top 5 for this year. I really hope we get to hear Violence before the end of the year. It's a little worrying that they haven't said anything about.

24. Lucas27

Trusted

I think they pushed it to 2019 from what I heard. I don't remember where I heard that, but I'm pretty sure I didn't make it up. Bummed.

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Oh man, that is bad news.
    I think I would have included it in my top 10 if Violence had come out - I would have combined them together. As it is, it’s a big ask to squeeze it in as an EP. There’s been too many good full lengths. I wish this band still did full lengths.

But it is very, very good and Of Wilderness is one of my top songs this year.

Lucas27 and SmashRipsaw like this.