Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I will be so happy if I'm wrong, haha. I've recently changed my stance to "possible but I'm pretty sure it won't happen for a good while, if ever". This has me reconsidering again, haha. I'll still be surprised if they're back for good.

irthesteve likes this.
  2. SpyKi

me too. I'm hoping I don't have to fly to America though, that shit's expensive.

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

same tbh

4. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I feel like one of the members will speak out soon if it's something we shouldn't get our hopes up for, it's not like them to leave us hanging for something that's not important.

5. DearCory

Regular

I know they're releasing TBP on cassette but that's on Aug 19... so I'm really curious as to what is going on. I mean why release the album on vinyl just last year, and do a cassette release, if you're going to do 10 year pressings soon after???

I would love for them to do a tour... TBP is still one of my all time favorites. The theatricality and sounds are still insane.

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

6. SpyKi

why announce it so far in advance. I don't know if I can handle two months.

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I don't want to buy into the hype too much, but if the band is back I'll be excited. Until then, I'll just chill out and wait for that reissue of The Black Parade to show up for pre-order. haha

8. SpyKi

9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Has to be more than just a reissue right? Haven't they released literally every piece of music they've recorded at this point? Wouldn't be anything new to put on it I don't think.

10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

They could do something cool like Circa Survive did for the Juturna 10 year. Where the packaging has stories about the making of the album, bonus tracks, and demos. Also just improved packaging quality, like one of the really high quality softpacks.

11. emojedi

Trusted

i could realistically see a tour happening. oct-nov do MyChem tour/proper goodbye to the band and then come 2017 onward they focus on their own things

12. SpyKi

I already have a felt box with like a 250 page book detailing the making of the album and them talking about each track and all the b-sides and shit so they can't get much better than that, haha.

beachdude42 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  13. SpyKi

This is probably what I see as the most probable outcome right now.

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. clockwise

I remember skipping school so I could get that shit first thing in the morning. Ahh.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

When was that released? I had no idea that was a thing even.

16. SpyKi

Back when the album first came out I think. It was like the collectors edition or whatever they're called, ha.

I want this band to be back for good so badly.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  17. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm on an airplane right now and seriously spazzing out. I'm sure this will end up being insignificant in the end, but if there is any chance for something greater (read: a show) I will drop anything and everything going on in life to be there.

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

19. emojedi

Trusted

while this band is my literal everything i don't think i want a new album. i would much prefer a tour.

heymattrick likes this.
  20. SpyKi

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

22. clockwise

If we get anything new, I think it'll be what they've recorded of The Paper Kingdom. But I doubt we'll get that now. My best guess is a show or two playing TBP in full.

23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I thought that was the Conventional Weapon stuff. haha I need to become more educated on this band.

Well, usually special edition things that are out of print still sell for a lot. Especially since it's from such a popular band, with such a dedicated fanbase.

24. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Chaos ensues.

25. SpyKi

Nah, that was the stuff they recorded before Danger Days.

The last album they were working on was called The Paper Kingdom, it was going to be about a support group for parents who had all lost their kids in terrible ways so they made up this story together about their kids fighting a witch in the woods. People who had heard some of it said it was very dark and almost sounded like Radiohead at times. I will always be sad about not hearing it, haha.