Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 402

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Seriously can't believe it's been a year. Looking back through my photos and videos from that night and thinking a) I can't believe I was actually there to see them finally play again and b) wishing I could tell myself to enjoy it even more because I got so sick after the show I ended up missing out on Xmas with my family and that really sucked lol.

Mcrx and heymattrick like this.
  2. heymattrick

Sending my love

That In-N-Out after the show hit *so* different

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

There's no better meal than after a great concert tbh

4. Mcrx

Regular

are y'all still optimistic about new music?? I'm not. lol I mean, sure I'd love it, but I honestly have zero expectation now...especially after that makeup stuff. I mean, that was disappointing IMO. Sorry

beachdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I sure am.

Mcrx likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I get less so as time goes on. I don't think we'll have any idea until the tour can finally happen though.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Optimistic? No, never really have been since we are all just creating a future where there is new music released. There havent event been hints of new music and we are all waiting for the album announcement lol

Do i think they will? I think anything certainly is possible. I think them having less time (one would think) during covid might actually have increased the odds slightly, but, i am still firmly in the camp of “as long as i can see them live, i will be perfectly happy”.

beachdude, ECV, Mcrx and 1 other person like this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Did...Frank Iero come out today on Twitter? Or am I totally misunderstanding what happened? Saw he was trending and this was why.

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

This just makes me thing of the Murder Scene dvd when he says something like “I’m lesbian because I only date women” or something.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I listened to Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge for the first time in probably a decade. I had kind of written it off as something I liked in middle school that wouldn't age well. Nope. It's a really good album. Gonna have to listen to Black Parade next. I never really gave it a shot when it came out.

11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Enjoy! Mama might be my favorite MCR song. Just really cool and unique

summertimejesus and aoftbsten like this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

it’s the best live too

summertimejesus and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. deflector

formerly pizzatime

I like 3 cheers the best, but you can't go wrong with BP or DD.

Still can't get into bullets.

stars143 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I could never get fully into Bullets either. It's very weird that I consider MCR one of my all time favorite bands but I'm not a big fan of 25% of their discography lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. SpyKi

I'm always baffled by anyone not liking Bullets. It's so damn good. One of the most fully formed debuts I've ever heard.

skogsraet and summertimejesus like this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it's pretty good

17. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Bullets is excellent. I feel like the biggest difference between it and Revenge is the production quality, the songs are already there.

Dan O'Neill, summertimejesus and ECV like this.
  18. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I almost always listen to Bullets before Three Cheers. I feel they’re too joined at the hip to do otherwise.

Also I always think back to a CD I made that had a mix of both Bullets and 3 Cheers songs, sometimes when hearing a certain song I still half expect to hear the songs in the random order I put them in.

SpyKi likes this.
  19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Well, I didn't love the album overall, but it certainly has great moments, Mama being one. But some of songwriting felt a little flat (I Don't Love You is a prime example).

One thing I really appreciate about the album is how it feels like an emo band take on a Queen album. Brian May-esque riffs are scattered throughout, the whole thing has a theatricality to it and Gerad's voice (while sounding nothing like Freddie Mercury) has the same kind of distinct attitude. Three Cheers has elements of it, but it really pops out on this one.

Teenagers is an absolute banger also.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Osceola13 Feb 18, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2021)
    Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Posted some photos I took at a show I attended 16 years ago today in Florida. Hope it's cool to share here, I really miss going to shows.

21. SpyKi

I Don't Love You is the best power ballad of the 2000's.

Teenagers is the only song on the first three album I think is less than a 10.

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I skip Teenagers quite a bit and love I Don't Love You. But happy to hear they liked Mama :)

PolarBlare likes this.
  23. SpyKi

So jealous, I wish I saw them on the Revenge cycle.

24. aoftbsten Feb 18, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2021)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I saw them open for TBS, during the Revenge cycle. They were pretty great.

25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

The only time I’ve ever seen them was the Warped Tour after Three Cheers came out