Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 399

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I hope they don't have to cancel the UK shows somehow.

Not super hopeful but I really want to see them.

Mcrx likes this.
  2. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I think Sept/Oct 2021 is early for arena shows. I think summer would be early for smaller venues, given the size of the US population and the inevitable number of people who will refuse to get vaccinated/aren't covered by insurance/haven't gotten the second dose etc. It's still too early to say but I can't see myself going into an arena in 2021 personally, and I'm not immunocompromised.

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I just want my damn money back.

4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

They can keep my money for now because trying to buy tickets was a nightmare and I don’t want to do it again

beachdude, Joe4th, RyanPm40 and 4 others like this.
  5. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Yeah, I don’t care when it is, as long as my ticket is still good.

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm okay with them continuing to push it out until things are safe because I would not willingly attend otherwise, and yeah, those tickets were a pain in the ass to get and I ended up with really good seats so I don't want to lose them in a refund lol

Mcrx likes this.
  7. ItsAndrew Nov 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 28, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

A lot of people would be pissed off if mandatory refunds happened. My suggestion is offer refunds for those who want them (and then open up those tickets for new people to buy) and let those who do not want a refund keep their tickets. That way everyone is happy.

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

They did that already though, when the rescheduled dates were first announced. You had a 30 day window to choose to either keep your tickets or get a refund. And if they get rescheduled again, it would be the same situation.

beachdude, RyanPm40 and irthesteve like this.
  9. heymattrick

Sending my love

At what point do you deem it safe? If they choose to keep the dates as scheduled in September/October of next year, what is the metric that needs to be met for you to attend? I do personally think it's very likely that large events like this could be able to happen next fall based on the availability of the vaccine, and Ticketmaster/Live Nation have said they will require proof of vaccination to attend.

Brent likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

When the majority of people, including myself, are vaccinated or number of cases are at zero in the state the venue is in, so yeah if that's what TM is saying, I'm cool with that

beachdude and Brent like this.
  11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I'm getting vaccinated whether I want to or not due to work (even if it wasn't required, I'd still be getting it), but I'm just not living in MA next year when the show is set to happen and had a big falling out with the co-worker who I was supposed to go see the show with.

beachdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Not true re: Ticketmaster requiring proof of vaccination.

No, Ticketmaster won't force you to have a Covid vaccine

13. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I think it’s highly unlikely any large scale events, especially indoor arena concerts at full capacity, will be ready to go by the time these dates roll around. I’ve heard from sources in two major hospital systems that they can’t even guarantee a widely available vaccine through the first half of the year despite what’s been publicized.

That said, the precautions LiveNation are putting into place - vaccine affirmation or test before - are at least hopeful they’re gonna try and make them happen. Considering this was the most expensive ticket and probably a top 3 most anticipated show of all time for me, I’m hoping the world can get itself together so I won’t be massively disappointed.

skogsraet, beachdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea I think 2021 is more of a transitional year still and 2022 is when we’re really rockin out again

beachdude and Brent like this.
  15. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I still think most big shows in the second half of next year will go forward regardless of vaccine availability, at least in the US if the last few months are any indication.

heymattrick likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

If that's the case, I hope they allow refunds again closer to the tour date

17. heymattrick

Sending my love

I posted this in the Bleachers thread, but Jack Antonoff posted a discussion with Gerard Way. Pretty good discussion about the early years of the band and how they navigated getting bigger. Of course, nothing about the current status of the band, but Gerard does say "My Chem" a few times which is pretty exciting haha.

god and new jersey

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I am just shook because I came across a tiktok of an interview of Gerard speaking somewhat recently and his speaking voice did not sound at all what I remembered it to be. but I figured maybe I was misremembering. Fast forward a few hours where I am still looking at tiktoks lol and they played a clip from life on the murder scene and his speaking voice sounded like I remembered. I know things like age and substance use and smoking can impact the sound of your voice but it was sort of jarring. I don't know if anyone else is noticed or if I am just a crazy person

Mcrx likes this.
  19. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Metal!

20. pbueddi

Trusted

21. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Foxing has been doing covers on their patreon so here's a clip of them doing Helena that they recently released and I absolutely love

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

skogsraet, JaytotheGee and Carrow like this.
  23. heymattrick

Sending my love

Okay

DyingGaslight and beachdude like this.
  24. @@ron

Regular

But what does it mean

25. Maybe new tour dates? Probably one for Europe tho