Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 398

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Mcrx likes this.
  2. heymattrick

Sending my love

Danger Days came out 10 years ago tomorrow. It is, without a doubt, my favorite album of all time, and it has been that way for ten years. This album will always mean the world to me. I had been a fan since Revenge, and Black Parade was of course amazing, but this album was just so amazing to me, and it came along at a really pivotal moment of my life. I genuinely believe that front-to-back, it is the best album to listen to in full. It's just such a ride from start to finish.

I will never forget the morning I, ahem, acquired all the songs, burned them to a CD, and then went for a drive to listen to the album at full blast. I remember exactly where I was the first time I heard each of those songs. I will *never* forget hearing Bulletproof Heart for the first time. Finally getting to hear studio versions of Planetary, Party Poison, and the Kids from Yesterday after surviving off LQ live versions. My mind being blown hearing such a unique song like S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W for the first time, or listening to Summertime and immediately feeling every moment of it.

It was the first time I traveled to see a band. My gut told me, going into this era, that MCR was going to wind down soon. So I was determined to see them as many times as possible. So, as a naive 21 year old boy, I jumped in my car and drove from Denver to Kansas City, in the middle of December, to see MCR headline a radio holiday show. That was my 5th time seeing them, but it was my first time right up front in the pit, and my first Danger Days show. Not to mention the first time I took a trip anywhere by myself. That show was one of the best I had ever seen. I knew I had to go to as many tour dates the next year as I could. I drove to Salt Lake City the following April for a World Contamination Tour show, then almost died driving home in a massive snowstorm. I managed to make it home to Denver to see the show there the next day, on Gerard's birthday. Then came the announcement of the Honda Civic Tour with blink-182 (one of my favorites from middle school). What a tour! I went to the Salt Lake City and Denver shows again, as well as another Kansas City show, and my final MCR show before the breakup, in Albuquerque. That last show was truly special - there was a windstorm at the venue, so none of the bands could use any of their production or video, so it was just the bands playing. What an amazing show, and even though I had no idea it would be my last, I still could tell how special it was.

These songs feel like they mean even more now than they did back then. The world of Danger Days is all-too eerily similar to the world we live in right now. And even a song like SING, which was just always average and never a favorite for me, feels so important right now in 2020. This album has always been about trying to find the color, even amongst the darkness.

3,004 days then passed until the reunion show in California 2019. Now, a year later, the 10th anniversary of Danger Days. My favorite album of all time.

Crisp X, skogsraet, clockwise and 3 others like this.
  3. Mcrx

Regular

Ohh, I'm so jealous you got to see both MCR and blink together!! @heymattrick

Happy birthday, Danger Days!!

heymattrick likes this.
  4. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Wow, a decade of Danger Days. Also one of my favorite albums of all time. It came out when I was 16 and changed everything for me. Absolutely informed me as an artist, music listener, and human being. I love it dearly. Art is the weapon!

5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I remember MCR live streamed a concert on release night -- way ahead of the curve. I think it was the first live-stream performance I'd ever seen and it was so exciting. I was 15 at the time and that night remains the closest I've gotten to seeing them live in concert, but holy hell, did they put on an amazing show.

Mcrx and heymattrick like this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

the first time I ever got to see them was just before Danger Days came out. It was amazing! I saw them two nights in a row and I was so worn out after but definitely one of the best experiences of my life.

Mcrx likes this.
  7. heymattrick

Sending my love

Nice call out, I forget about that. I think their Black Parade House of Blues live stream on Halloween was my first live stream I tuned into, but the Danger Days release day one was so fun to watch live

skogsraet likes this.
  8. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

My three biggest memories of the Danger Days release show are being ridiculously excited because I hadn't seen them live in 2.5 years (which felt like forever and now makes me laugh), how they had Show Pony skate around before they played along with the Trans Am parked outside the venue but my fav memory has to be when I was leaving the venue I looked up and there was Leonard Nimoy just casually chilling at an MCR show. I always assumed he was there with family but that was definitely my favorite celebrity sighting at a show.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I say it a lot in here, but Danger Days is my favorite MCR album. I listen to it regularly. I can’t believe it’s been ten years.

I remember when they dropped NaNa and I thought it was so fun and it reminded of the Kickass movie theme song. I thought the album art was SO dope too. I had it has my desktop background for a while. I just loved everything about the album and it’s aesthetics when it came out. It was such a fun and difficult change for them and they delivered. I saw them twice during the Danger Days era and they did not disappointment.

Also, this article was trending on my google news app this morning.

Ten years of Danger Days: The most important album My Chemical Romance ever made | Louder

heymattrick likes this.
  10. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Oh yeah in case anyone wants to buy some super rad MCR fan-made merch check out what Kerin dropped today for the DD anniversary.

clockwise and Barresi like this.
  11. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I literally want everything in that store.

Threads likes this.
  12. heymattrick

Sending my love

Hot Topic also has added a ton of new MCR merch lately. I hate buying tons of things from Hot Topic but damn, there's some really good MCR merch right now.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Have they ever played Bad Romance live?

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

They also have the Danger Days Gerard Way Funko Pop for $12.50 right now.

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

I snagged some of the new Hot Topic items about two weeks ago when they had a big sale going on. Prices have gone way up. I got that Pepe Christmas sweatshirt for $52 an now it's more than $70. I did not need that sweatshirt, but I'm glad I got it because it's sweet.

16. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I wanted to get some mcr merch but I wasn't really vibing on any of the merch on sale, I ended up getting a dope slipknot shirt tho

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving!

18. AlwaysEvolving21 Nov 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2020)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Also, I had no idea this song or the Mad Gear & Missile Kid EP even existed . What?!

19. People try to tell me Danger Days isn't that good and I'm like Nah Nah Nah (Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah)

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what’s the over/under on the amount of times that has been posted in this thread/the ap thread

irthesteve and Carrow like this.
  21. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Just a reminder that Life on the Murder Scene came out on vinyl today!

Barresi likes this.
  22. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Was able to snag one! It looks fantastic.

Mcrx likes this.
  23. heymattrick

Sending my love

So, I'm curious if the general consensus in this thread has shifted now about the shows happening next year, based on the recent vaccine breakthroughs.

Dr. Fauci said last week that he estimates that up to 70% of the US population could be able to get vaccinated by late spring/early summer. And with at least three effective vaccines out there, which could get approval here in a couple weeks, things are definitely looking more promising than they have in the recent past. Ticketmaster & Live Nation has already announced their initial plans in how they'll manage this going forward, and I'm sure they are eager to get their major tours going as soon as humanly possible (this being one of them).

I don't feel completely confident about the June/July shows in UK/Europe, although I'm hoping for the best, I feel like the US shows in September & October have become way more likely now.

Mcrx and Gianni28 like this.
  24. deflector

formerly pizzatime

I don't think we'll be able to make any fair estimates until we see what happens to our R numbers after the vaccine is distributed. If we get to below 1 by the time the summer comes around, then sure. This assumes that we are able to get the vaccine out there and have a large percentage of the population actually take it in the early months of 2021.

Mcrx, beachdude and skogsraet like this.
  25. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I’m just going to remain hopeful until they cancel it or it happens.

I’m trying not to sweat it too much, because I feel like if it needs to move again they’ll just cancel it and we’ll all have to go through hell buying tickets again for some far-off dates.

So yeah, positivity.

Mcrx likes this.