Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 393

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

Ope...today would have been the first show of the US tour in Detroit. Instead I'm sitting at home in Denver where it was 91 on Sunday and yesterday we had a snow storm.

2. summertimejesus Sep 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 11, 2020)
    summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Hanif with the absolute truth! I've also spent today reflecting on how Gerard decided to form MCR after witnessing 9/11. I think about that pretty often, actually. Helps me put into perspective what it is I want out of my own life that can no longer wait...

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

Damn, they'd be two shows into their US tour after tonight.

4. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

ngl a new mcr album right about now would really hit the spot...

beachdude, Mcrx, chewbacca110 and 2 others like this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm honestly still happy knowing that it's going to happen at some point, I haven't even moved into the impatient stage yet because I'm still so happy they're back lol

skogsraet likes this.
  6. heymattrick

Sending my love

If they're truly back for "chapter 2" and not just a quick reunion, I'm more comfortable with them doing a lap around the world just doing old songs before they release a new album. But I'll take the new album now too.

I really hope they have a big production for this tour. I was always bummed that they did such a stripped back show for Danger Days. That album especially deserved a big show, and they basically just had a white backdrop and lights with some props on stage. Would love to see them bring back tons of pyro, have video screens & new video content, and a cool stage design.

(Sent with Invisible Ink) especially with how expensive these tickets were

beachdude, flask, Drewski and 2 others like this.
  7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Agreed. I’d rather have a set of all the old songs now, and have the next tour be heavy on new material

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I want their first shows back to be old songs but I also don't want to wait over a year for new material, even that's assuming the shows next year actually happen.

Either way I really hope we get the chance for this reunion to finally happen properly next year.

RyanPm40 and heymattrick like this.
  9. heymattrick

Sending my love

If the dates next year don't happen, I'll truly be destroyed. I know I'm lucky since I got to go to the Shrine show. But I was so looking forward to the UK trip this past June, and the Denver show next month. Come on, USA, get your shit together.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

me too, but at the moment I'm not feeling optimistic with where we're at.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I still do not see a scenario where we are going to arena concerts in 2021. Would love to be wrong.

12. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I agree, unfortunately :-/.

beachdude and Mcrx like this.
  13. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I’m not an expert but my hunch is that big concerts won’t be back until at least 2023 if shit gets under control within a year.

Brent likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

2021 can still happen, it just requires a lot of things to happen first. Optimistic those things will happen, but I know it's far from a sure thing

heymattrick likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think it probably will happen, even though it probably shouldn't...

heymattrick and Crisp X like this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it won’t

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

For 2021 to happen, we need a vaccine that works (and very likely NOT whatever Trump tries to push out before the election), enough of the population to get the vaccine (and there will be an order to who gets it first), and then it will be up to governors on when to individually reopen. It’s not just a ban here’s a vaccine okay things are all open again as normal. Could that all happen in 2021? Sure, but I think the best hope is smaller venues reopening again and those types of shows coming back.

beachdude and summertimejesus like this.
  19. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Judging by walking into a Wawa yesterday where the customers are pulling the mask off to talk to each other. Wearing it under their nose. Kids are running around the store sprinting in and out cause they have no mask on. People fumbling on the soda machines and taking their masks off to drink soda in the store.

Across the street there's an outdoor bar whose parking lock is jam pack filled with crowds dining together.

Half the people I talk to say they will "never take the vaccine."

Sure, this is anecdotal but, We're fucked.

Longnights and summertimejesus like this.
  20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Packing up my apartment and came upon an old hard drive. Thought people would appreciate these...taken during a show at The Downtown (Farmingdale, NY) with Alexisonfire and Nora. They were all opening for Avenged Sevenfold.

If I recall, Three Cheers had just come out or was about to come out. The original video for "I'm Not Okay" was using footage from this show if I remember correctly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

AndrewSoup, Bane, Mcrx and 8 others like this.
  21. flask

Trusted Supporter

They really liked Muse

coleslawed, Crisp X, Brent and 5 others like this.
  22. 150Wrds

If no one has done this for you yet, I can send a link?

heymattrick and Brent like this.
  23. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Wow this is crazy. They look like high schoolers, and to think Gerard and Ray were around 27 hahaha. Thanks for sharing.

Crisp X, Drewski and Brent like this.
  24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I have a lot of shots from 2002-2003 era shows, disposable and digital. I'll organize them all at some point and share.

25. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

This is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing ❤️