Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 392

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Not superficial at all. They've named both the Smiths and Queen as influences many times, Queen more from Ray and the Ways I believe but Frank, Gerard, and Mikey are huge Smiths fans. I always felt like they were more this generation's Queen, personally. More of those big, dramatic guitar flourishes, and of course, Gerard and Freddie's whole big, dramatic theater kid thing

2. heymattrick

Sending my love

Danger Days is SO GOOD! It's such a ride from start to finish. Look Alive Sunshine into Na Na Na into Bulletproof Heart is such a powerful opening. And somehow, feels way more relevant now in 2020 than when it was released. "Sing" used to be the weakest track for me but that one feels *very* relevant in America right now. Planetary, The Only Hope For Me Is You, Save Yourself I'll Hold Them Back, SCARECROW, Summertime, Kids from Yesterday...all amazing tracks. I don't think there's a bad song on the whole album.

skogsraet and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  3. heymattrick

Sending my love

Happy birthday Bullets!!

Stills ranks as the lowest for me of their albums, but this album will still always be so special. Rough & raw but so much emotion.

Mcrx and skogsraet like this.
  4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

It's my favorite haha. Just something pure in how raw and instinctual their songwriting was at the time -- and what a great record to come out with right out the gate. Most bands don't make an album this good till their 3rd go around at least, but of course, most bands never make a Black Parade level masterpiece. Goes to show how talented they are.

Drewski, Fucking Dustin and Mcrx like this.
  5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

sorry i'm loving this band too loudly again ugh lmao

heymattrick and Mcrx like this.
  6. Mcrx

Regular

Bullets?? That's my favorite. :D

Impossible!! :D

skogsraet likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

pbueddi likes this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Listening to Conventional Weapons now and getting emotional. The World is Ugly is incredible.

coleslawed, Crisp X, Mcrx and 3 others like this.
  10. heymattrick

Sending my love

Conventional Weapons has some real gems on it. Boy Division, Ambulance, Gun, The Light Behind Your Eyes, and Burn Bright are all massive MCR tracks and deserve more credit.

Should have played Boy Division instead of Make Room at the Shrine show. I will truly never understand that.

Crisp X and Mcrx like this.
  11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah if they play a CW song at my show I really hope its Boy Division. I will lose my damn mind.

Crisp X, Mcrx and heymattrick like this.
  12. SpyKi

cant believe I have to wait almost another whole year now. Pfft.

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

[​IMG]
    Yeah this really kills me

Mcrx, skogsraet, JaytotheGee and 2 others like this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I feel like I'm going to forget the date of the show by the time it happens and miss it lol

Brent and disambigujason like this.
  15. heymattrick

Sending my love

It's still TEN MONTHS away until their next show is scheduled. I genuinely wonder if they will still remain completely silent until then.

Part of me wants to think they'll pop up again around Halloween this year with some news

skogsraet and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. soggytime

Trusted

We're going to get surprise new music around Halloween in place of the shows. I'm just going to put this out in the world and hope it wills it into existence

heymattrick likes this.
  17. SpyKi

we really need it in 2020.

RyanPm40 and soggytime like this.
  18. Mcrx

Regular

While I'd be so stoked for new music, I'm unfortunately, not holding my breath on it. Don't want to set myself up for nothing. :/ I haven't even suffered as much as others, but have been toyed with my emotions enough.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Frank shares a lot of great MCR era stories in this. Really worth your time for fans

20. SpyKi

I love Frank. Really want to see an interview with the whole band at some point, I miss those.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

string theory one of the best video series on the web

22. heymattrick

Sending my love

The BBC posted their full set from Reading Festival 2011 today (here: BBC iPlayer - Reading and Leeds Festival - 2011: My Chemical Romance)

The full set has never been released before (previously, 12 out of the 16 songs were aired on TV, plus The Kids from Yesterday being released separately). But now the full set is finally available, and in amazing quality!

Can somebody rip this? I'm not in the UK so I can't watch it on the BBC website. I've tried doing the VPN thing but I can't find one for free, or one that works on the BBC website without a 15 or 20 minute time limit. It's up on the website for 30 days so I'm hoping someone will make it available for download. This is my absolute favorite My Chem set, I watch the previously available video of it pretty regularly. I'm so excited about having the full thing now.

23. BenSmith94

Trusted

They've rescheduled their New Zealand show for November 2021. Praying they announce an Australian tour in line with that.

24. heymattrick

Sending my love

I've got to imagine they wouldn't make the trek to NZ without some Australia dates as well. My guess is that's why the rescheduled NZ show hasn't been announced through any of their socials yet, because they're waiting to announce it with the rest of the Australia dates as well.

Either way, it's exciting to see a tour date getting added, and happy for the fans that will be getting rescheduled dates.

BenSmith94 likes this.
  25. BenSmith94

Trusted

Yeah great point. As you say, it'd be weird for them to come all the way down here just for a New Zealand show.

I'm still mad at Download for implying it was MCR's fault this year's event was cancelled because they pulled out at the height of a pandemic.