Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 388

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I totally forgot Electric Century was even a thing, I remember liking their first album I think

2. heymattrick

Sending my love

All of the European & UK dates have been successfully rescheduled for next summer, all pretty much around the same dates they would have been this year. That's a good sign, I suppose.

Also, all of their rescheduled dates are using castle imagery in the photos with the "Shadows" sigil overlaid on the photos.

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Kinda wild that if they reschedule the American shows for the same dates next year it will have been 2 years between announcing the reunion and actually seeing the reunion tour

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

Hard to make any guesses now as to what will happen. I could see them just rescheduling for similar dates next fall. If the clouds part and things get better, I could also see them moving the US tour to the spring of 2021. And even though I know the odds, still holding out hope for the 1% chance it could still happen this fall. Either way, I don't see them announcing anything regarding the US tour until probably July.

skogsraet and Barresi like this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Haven't listened yet, but Gerard Way was a guest on Cartoonist Kayfabe. Which, is the best comic book YouTube channel, hosted by Ed Piskor (X-Men: Grand Design; Hip Hop Family Tree) & Jim Rugg (Street Angel). If you wanna hear a lengthy comics-centric conversation w/ Gerard, check it out. I certainly will later today; love their "shoot interviews."

6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I could listen to Gerard talk about anything, but hearing him talk about comics will be a treat. Looking forward to hearing that later, thanks for the heads up!

Barresi, Tim and SpyKi like this.
  7. Mcrx

Regular

ah haha! Nice! I was thinking NIN, but this works too.

Yeah, Powerman 5000 is on the brain again tonight. Awesome group for awesome times! :D Anyone here listen to 3teeth by any chance?? I just listened to them and getting strong Powerman 5000/Orgy vibes! Well, just throwing it out there on the off chance someone else does. :P

Jackbo487 likes this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Back in the day I loved that first Powerman 5000 album.
    The aesthetic of the Danger Days era always reminded me of them.

Mcrx likes this.
  9. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Boston canceled the Boston Marathon which had been moved to September. There's no chance the MCR show is allowed to happen =/

skogsraet, RyanPm40 and alina like this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

As long as I get a refund or rescheduled date Im happy about it. Would have been way too early

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I feel pretty confidently that they're focused on rescheduling for next year before announcing that the shows we already know won't happen aren't happening

summertimejesus likes this.
  12. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Yeah, I think either Mikey or Gerard said they wouldn't be cancelled, just postponed.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I hope it's just postponed (with the option to cancel) so that I don't have to go through the process of trying to buy tickets again.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Mcrx

Regular

Finally catching up with Gerards new demos (all demos, yea?) Phoning it in was pretty cute, but I really want to hear more of a Bob Bryar style of percussion. I mean, I realize this is solo stuff, but folks were mentioning MCR...yea, I suppose them writing new music is still skeptiscm thinking right now. But yea, drums are the heartbeat of the music. ;)

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really hate that when they FINALLY decided to reunite it had literally the worst timing humanly possible. They literally got a chance to play one show and then nothing for an entire year. I hope they're at least using this time to get an album together if they didn't have one already

Mcrx, heymattrick, skogsraet and 2 others like this.
  16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

That's what I was hoping but I think Gerard's working on Umbrella Academy now. Maybe he's doing both? It truly is awful timing, I was supposed to see them next month!!

Mcrx likes this.
  17. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

He wrote previous volumes of the UA while touring TBP and Danger Days, I think he was planning to get writing done on the road this time too and now he's just doing it at home.

Electric Century's timeline is what confuses me. Idk how Mikey was planning to put out a whole comic book/album while touring with MCR.

Mcrx likes this.
  18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

19. Mcrx

Regular

Happy belated TCFSW sweet 16!!! I'm surprised that no one mentioned this yesterday! What a life-changing album for me! I listened to it right before midnight last night. ;)

summertimejesus, mad and skogsraet like this.
  20. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

The fact that they have stans on twitter who are younger than some of their albums is crazy to think about, especially when it's my favorite lil emo band from the 2000s

21. Mcrx

Regular

i know, right?! and then folks younger than me saying this album makes THEM feel old. lmao!

skogsraet likes this.
  22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I should be seeing them tonight. :verysad:

23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I died a little inside when I got a "you've got events coming up this week" notification yesterday and it was for them

Mcrx and The Black Parade like this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ugh :(

Mcrx likes this.
  25. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Was also supposed to be seeing them today along with all the MK shows so I've been pretty bummed but this artist I follow just put up some info on a Kickstarter they're doing for fan-made merch they designed that I'm now obsessed with. As a fan of MCR and enamel pins it's the perfect combo so check it out if you're interested.

Mcrx and summertimejesus like this.