Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 376

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

It's so weird that they've not done so much as a photoshoot since they reunited. Very weird how little focus of the reunion is on the actual members themselves.

heymattrick likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I feel like just having a concert ticket has made me much more patient for whatever these guys have in store. I'm just happy to see them again heh

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Aren't there Australian shows next month? I'm sure there'll be some press activity popping up around then.

4. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I think it's pretty intentional they haven't had any promo shots of the band cause their look is inevitabley gonna be tied to the album they haven't announced yet

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I of course want new music, but also a part of me does not want that until after the tour anyway because I'm trying to catch up on what I missed first. Which is to say, I'm happy either way.

6. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Or maybe they got sick of having a "Look" and are just having fun playing those songs again.

7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

that we have no evidence exists

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

I don't why but I have this weird feeling they're all gonna be in black jumpsuits this cycle.

5Stories and The Black Parade like this.
  9. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

The Black Parade likes this.
  10. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

After listening to Electric Century, Ray and Gerard's solo albums, and each of Frank's albums, I think Frank's stuff is pretty handily my favorite. Stomachaches alone has more replay value for me than any of the others. I also love how Frank is the furthest thing from a technical singer but every syllable is packed with so much emotion...his vocals hit me like a gut punch constantly and I'm so happy to see he got to step up to the mic more often at the Shrine show.

Mcrx likes this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Dad look, but make it fashun

12. Mcrx

Regular

boo!!! :P

13. BenSmith94

Trusted

Yep, March 21-22. I don't really mind the fact they haven't done the media circuit yet. Let them speak when they're ready to, if at all.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Must be nice lol

RyanPm40 and The Black Parade like this.
  15. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

There are tons and tons of resale/platinum tickets up on ticketmaster for each date, most likely will be more as the dates approach and people change plans/can't go. I got a ticket to the final LA show but I'm flying out early in hopes of being able to snag a ticket to the other shows at a decent price last minute. A lot of good seats are already dropping in price. It sucks not having been able to secure a seat in the official sale, but on the flip side, it's an advantage having some time to plan and save up for a decent seat, more than likely at the price it was intended to be.

16. Bane

The spiciest meme

I had a dream last night that I went to the Shrine show but it was all seated and somehow got a seat in the first row right in the middle. It ended when I was sitting in the seat but before the show actually started, and when I woke up realized I don't have a ticket at all to any of the upcoming shows.

Feels bad man

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I had a dream last night that I interrupted MCR filming a music video for a new song in the park behind my grandma’s house. The weird paper mache people from the reveal video were in it. Them and the band immediately scrambled and left when they saw I saw them.

18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I had a dream last night that the used were more popular than MCR well not a dream it was a fucking nightmare

19. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

9C6CC898-D5FF-4C5F-8DF2-B5B46AFA86E9.jpeg
    honored to have you, Bernie.

Jesse West, Micool1, Brent and 17 others like this.
  20. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

21. Mcrx

Regular

Awe! I'm torn actually. I loved the Used before I even heard of My Chem, but ...i guess I do have to say that I like the MCR personalities better. Bert came to me in a dream last night and lied to me. Wasn't very pleased. True story! (Lol j/k)

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

It’s like $400 US for shitty seats in Toronto.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Just gonna leave this here. (It’s Trisha Paytas)

24. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I will never not be into her singing into her remote

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Here’s a quick review I wrote for the Killjoys comic in the comic group I run. I think you all would love it and make you appreciate the album even more lol.

“Today I read... The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys by Gerard Way, Shaun Simon, and Becky Cloonan from BOOM!. The is concludes the story to My Chemical Romance’s fourth and last album. It’s a concept album and the story was told via the music and videos, but they ran out of money to film the final video. But Gerard Way, the vocalist already had plans to make a comic based on it, so it’s all good. This six issue series takes place years after the Killjoys, a group of outlaws that are against the evil mega corporation, die protecting The Girl. In this, we find out why she was so important and how she will continue her mission. While being a huge fan of the band, I never really went into the story of the album, but this comic is REALLY cool. The concept of outlaws against mega corporations isn’t exactly original, but Becky Cloonan’s art give this a really unique style. It feels sleek and just badass. As a fan of the album, it makes the lyrics and song titles make a lot more sense, but this is a good story by itself as well. If you like Way’s writing in Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy, check this out. Fun fact: Grant Morrison played a character in the music videos haha.”
    2CE487D5-BAC6-43FB-9135-2B9CF86A959F.jpeg

Mcrx likes this.