Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 253

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. radiodead

Trusted

Never said ya couldn’t. Just an observation.

2. Barresi Dec 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2019)
    Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

[Fake Lineup]
    This is floating around out there.

irthesteve likes this.
  3. Noradrenaline

Regular

What a time to be alive!

I think that this read more like a band bio than a review, though...

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

people love to write sunday reviews from a really zoomed out perspective, which is why many of them include heavy biographical information. (i'm guilty here too)

5. Noradrenaline

Regular

Still waiting for that EU show. I was half expecting them to play Lollapalooza Stockholm but they released their line-up last week and MCR weren’t on it :(
    I’d rather have them play their own headline show, though.

6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

i don't even live anywhere near japan but i get so stupid excited anytime they announce anything

summertimejesus, Mcrx and SpyKi like this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I went to Osaka a few months ago, it would be such a sick place to see My Chem.

summertimejesus likes this.
  8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fake news

Barresi likes this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Personally glad, those aren't the fests I'd want to see MCR on

10. Barresi

11. CTFFEMT93

Regular

So due to my brother’s job fucking him over, he can no longer attend the LA show with me. If anybody SERIOUSLY wants it PM me. I land on the 19th. Don’t want it to go to waste, I want an MCR fan to enjoy this with me.

summertimejesus likes this.
  12. Jackbo487 Dec 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2019)
    Jackbo487

Regular

so there's a new comment on the MCR Reddit running thread about a potential secret warm-up show at the Whisky A Go Go on 12/18, which would be a day *before* our assumed/hoped Thursday Roxy gig. I'm overwhelmed lol

@AWasteOfATime halp

13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Oh my god we’re a week away

I can’t wait to see the setlist

Mcrx and summertimejesus like this.
  14. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

What was it I thought I saw about a stream of the concert happening in one of the Supporter forums??

15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

When they're an active band again do you think they'll try and present themselves as a mainstream rock/alt band, or try and leverage that emo/scene cred instead?

16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

If I remember correctly, that's how they always tried to present themselves. They never considered themselves an emo band

17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

You're right, but some 15-odd years later they've been solidified as the mascots of the scene. So at this point it would probably be easier for them to try and be the biggest band in the emo scene, as opposed to fighting it out as a mid/large-size alternative band trying to tackle Imagine Dragons, haha.

18. tomdelonge

Trusted

i think they've kinda graduated to legacy band status

19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

There is no emo scene, though. I don't see any benefits to them to try and position themselves that way. I also don't see the band thinking about that all too much as they always seemed pretty comfortable letting their label, management and booking team handle that sort of stuff and in a purely business sense, it's just smarter to brand them as a broader pop rock band the way FOB, P!ATD (and sure I guess imagine dragons) have done. They're not going to have trouble selling tickets regardless.

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, they're selling out arenas/amphitheaters for sure

Joe4th likes this.
  21. Mcrx

Regular

awe! I wanna see it!! :heart:

listening to some MyChem right now to get into the spirit of this week. Omg the show is so close now!

"you only hear the music when your heart begins to break"

22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Had a dream I was at the reunion show. Thursday had just finished playing At This Velocity and mcr was right about to start. Was very not pleased when I woke up

23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

friend has an extra ticket and invited me. guess i'm flying to LA and calling in sick to work this weekend :)

24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ugggh like I'm actually mad I'm not going. I'm in the anger stage of grief lol

25. Barresi

Very excited to stay up until 3AM on Friday waiting to hear reports/watch videos from people actually there.

summertimejesus, skogsraet and SpyKi like this.