Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 240

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Why we discussing my chem in the waterparks thread?

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I used to go to water parks a lot when I was growing up, but I think somewhere after my teens I stopped going. Maybe I grew out of them, or maybe water parks actually sucked the whole time.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Imagine getting this upset over Waterparks lol.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Rumours of a UK show announcement today.

Pleeeeaaaase.

beachdude, summertimejesus and SpyKi like this.
  5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

If you dig Waterparks that's cool, don't feel attacked just because people think they suck.

I used to argue with anyone who said MCR was awful, now I just don't give a shit.

I feel like it's completely wrong to say rock bands can't experiment though, tons of them do musically and lyrically while being very successful. The 1975 is actually a great example right now of a band who does whatever they want and just keeps getting bigger. I think rather than blaming the audience for not being open to change they should have maybe thought about whether the song they wrote was just not good enough?

beachdude, Omni, ItsAndrew and 7 others like this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

And yes this. Pleaseeeeee.

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Today I found out that I have the music taste of Gen X because I don't like Waterparks

Which is really funny to me as I actually listen to loads of new bands Waterparks just fucking suck

beachdude, ItsAndrew, Carrow and 4 others like this.
  8. Jake W

They're on the Cover of Kerrang and have a 32 page feature, if we're getting a UK tour today wouldn't surprise me if it's in there

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I like a ton of much newer bands, but guess I'm just not with it cause I don't like a neon throwback band headed by a casual racist. Shame.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

anyway, moving on...

Mikey has been teasing places they are playing on Insta, and has been posting Manchester and Wales bands. Think a UK arena tour with MK Bowl, Manchester Arena, Cardiff Stadium seems likely.

Announcement today followed by Kerrang! tomorrow, probably featuring an advert for the shows I think.

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah they’re good

Omni and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are good!

I grew up with a Six Flags water park in my hometown but it always felt dirty

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I have a weird thing about getting too much water on face that comes from almost drowning as a kid so water parks aren't much fun for me. Maybe I've been biased all along.

14. aliens exist

pure on main

ok boomer

15. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

These are some of the worst lyrics I have ever read.

beachdude and Jake W like this.
  16. Jake W

brb going to start a band called My Waterpark Romance

17. BTDandFeelingThis

As for Waterparks, I am not a fan. I’ve disliked pretty much everything I’ve heard from them, and I had to block them on twitter because people kept sharing their tweets and EVERY POST LOOKS LIKE THIS!!! IT WAS REALLY ANNOYING!!!!!

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Yeah I’ve come to realize it’s kind of pointless to get mad at someone who doesn’t like a band you like. I mean, cool whatever. Music is subjective, just enjoy what you do and if a group of people don’t like it then that’s them not you. I used to get upset when people bashed MCR or Hawthorne Heights, but that music means a ton to me and I’ve come to realize as long as I like it, getting mad about it won’t change someone’s mind.

19. @@ron

Regular

Is there a way to turn off notifications except for one just to let me know when this conversation is over..

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  20. Ed59_

Regular

Announcement in the 2/3 hours then if there is one coming? Others seemed to be around that time. Still hoping for a Scottish date cause I’m not good travelling but I’d probably make the attempt for MCR if need be.

21. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

There are a TON of good songwriters & lyricists in this scene if that's the measurement we're going with. Stretch outside of this music scene and there are even more that are currently making very great records. When you consider some of the best, these guys aren't even in the running.

beachdude, ItsAndrew and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. Fucking Dustin Nov 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2019)
    Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

We're in the most limitless time in music where there's an audience for everything and it's so easy for you to reach said audiences so being like "You're making us stay in a box!" probably means you suck ass when you try to get out of the box compared to better bands outside of that box

I just can't imagine other bands hearing them and being like "oh yeah you're correct Waterparks"

23. Fucking Dustin

But yeah elitism and ego because Coldplay plays big shows or whatever

Also a v weird take to have when we're seeing MCR sell out a massive venue in like 30 seconds

Which I hope is the segue to talking about MCR more since this is a good info aggregate

beachdude, ItsAndrew, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

coldplay is good

25. Fucking Dustin

Yeah I should've added in there that like...Coldplay isn't exactly a boring band haha they do some cool shit and they're massive