Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 239

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

im like 3 years older than you and those lyrics are complete garbage

2. Jesus Christ lol

beachdude, ItsAndrew, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lmao

Joe4th likes this.
  4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Legitimately explain to me how so, please.

There's such a double-standard in rock music where you can't talk about anything but emotions and relationships. So yes, he's being blunt and talking about money and cultural problems with rock music. But since it's not about a breakup or mental illness it's booed, probably cause I feel like a lot of rock fans feel offended when they're called on their backwards BS.

Like why can rappers talk about sex and money but rock bands can't? It makes no sense, and everyone who hates on Waterparks is literally proving their point. Y'all can't handle change, which is why a new soundcloud rapper blows up every week but oldheads Metallica, Tool, & Guns N' Roses are still headlining rock festivals.

Y'all are literally killing your own scene you pretend to love so much because your egos and elitist attitudes get in your fucking way.

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

lol I have no horse in this race but I think you’re attacking two different scenes of music there buddy.

6. phaynes12

rock musicians talk about sex all the time. a lot of songs about sex rule. i don’t even like the 1975 like that but their song literally titled SEX owns. it also doesn’t have lyrics written by a fucking dweeb

7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I think it's worth noting that that album (which, I'll agree, rules) was also critically panned upon release.

8. phaynes12

who gives a shit about critical panning. no one in here is a critic or saying waterparks sucks bc of a critical review that was harsh on them. people are saying they suck bc of the songs of theirs posted in here and the lyrics that you chose to highlight which are the worst i’ve ever read in my life lol.

beachdude, ItsAndrew, Joe4th and 6 others like this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Gen-X musical taste? Wow I wish my parents in their 50s were into bands like My Chemical Romance, blink, TBS, Underoath, etc, rather than the Christian AM radio and Josh Groban music I was subjected to throughout my childhood ;-p

Jake W likes this.
  10. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Maybe It's just the fact I'm super young (born in early 2000's), but I see nothing wrong with the lyrics with the song.

-Rock Bands should set their sights higher and aim for stardom, because it's a shame so many end up quitting or needing to get day jobs.

-Rock fandoms are often super annoying and always bitch about how you "need you bring your old sound back" and HATE experimentation.

-Fuck the way Equal Vision Records treats their artists.

I feel like none of those things should be controversial, but since it wasn't presented in a super spiritual "I'M SO LOST IN MY FEELINGS, AHHHHHH" vague, generic way y'all dismiss it by saying it's "cringy" and cringe culture is just super fucking dumb.

Meanwhile Charli XCX (who I love) can just say "I shake it, I shake it, all on you" and no one questions it.

withchappedlips likes this.
  11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Those lyrics don't suck because they don't talk about relationships, they suck because they are terrible lyrics that sounds like they were written by a 14 year old high school kid.

12. phaynes12

i would break it down for you line by line but that is far more effort than a band that bad deserves

Carrow likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

Yeah, people are shitting on the lyrics because they're somehow more poorly written than a 90s blink-182 song

I mean, I love blink, but I'm not gonna claim that they have incredibly groundbreaking lyrics

14. I just feel like of all the bands someone could go to bat for..Waterparks shouldn’t be one of them.

15. DesolateEarth

Birb

Hiya folks how about that My Chemical Roma-

tenor.gif

16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

They've been my in my Top 5 bands for like, 4 years now. I've met them 3 times, and know the band inside out. I love them because they're not doing the same thing every other band is doing, and their lyrics really connected with me.

But they're written off as cringy because they're bright, colorful, all-caps, and aren't beholden to the scene's limitations.

Plus, their messaging and lyrics are solid. They wrote a whole album about toxic fanbases and problems with the music industry. He has clever lines about his last name Knight implying he should be brave, jokes about his (now ex-)girlfriend playing the Yellow Power Ranger, all sorts of cool clever stuff like that.

And then people get mad at Awsten over stupid stuff like the Lyft incident (When he literally did nothing wrong, and that driver was being an asshole) just because it confirms their preconcieved notions about him being an annoying douchebag.

So yeah, I'm definitely biased, I'm not denying that, (their first album soundtracked my entire first relationship and all the associated trauma, and FANDOM has songs that make me cry) but their music is really important to me, and I think their message is really important in general.

17. mattfreaksmeout Nov 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2019)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok ok fine I will buy my plane ticket this week

edit: wait it’s not at the roxy? Or there’s another show at Glasshouse. I’m so confused

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Listening to Desert Song for the first time in years. Such an underrated MCR track. I enjoy their slower songs.

19. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

this is the kind of content that makes lurking the music forum worth it

20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Glad my mental breakdown can be of help :)

21. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Who cares if someone likes a band you think is shitty? Who cares if people think a band you like sucks? These are the questions that keep me up at night.

also why engage in an internet argument with someone probably 10 years younger than you are when you know damn well you said some dumbass cringey shit at their age?

22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I mean if you love Waterparks fine, idk why anybody would come on this site specifically to defend them when they literally dissed absolutepunk in one of their songs

Madmod and Jake W like this.
  23. Omni

Regular

anyone in this thread like my chemical romance?

Madmod, beachdude, ItsAndrew and 10 others like this.
  24. RyanPm40

Yeah they're pretty good

Omni likes this.
  25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I agree, we should talk about danger days