Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

although I'd prefer Bullets/Revenge.

2. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I don't know how interested I would be in them doing an anniversary tour. Doesn't seem like their thing, when/if they come back.

3. SpyKi

It doesn't but I want to see those two albums front to back more than anything.

4. clockwise

Yeah I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be psyched to go to that show.

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Boy Division and AMBULANCE are two of the greatest songs they've ever made. Sucks they didn't get on a proper album and no one ever knows what they are when I throw them on.

RyanPm40, Penguin and heymattrick like this.
  6. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

Someone Out There Loves You aka Stay is up there as one of my favorite b-sides

7. SpyKi

Boy Division is absolutely up there with their best. AMBULANCE is one of their worst imo. Still think it's great though.

8. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

9. clockwise

Yeah that song is so so good

I also loved the original version of The World is Ugly

10. SpyKi

Original version of The World is Ugly was so good.

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I love Conventional Weapons. I just put it all together as one 10 track album (which most people probably did too) and it easily holds up with the rest of their discography. I actually like it more than Bullets

Penguin and heymattrick like this.
  12. SpyKi

I did that too and it's my least favourite but I still love it. I'd put it just below Danger Days.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

14. clockwise

I don't like it as much as any of their proper releases but it's still awesome. I'm glad they ended up releasing it.

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

I did too, and I would probably put it above Bullets as well.

I am well aware that the songs were recorded pre-Danger Days, but in my head I still place it as coming chronologically after Danger Days. I wish they had toured on it and treated it as its own album cycle. "Boy Division" is such a great way to kick it off. I happen to love both "Ambulance" and "Gun". The ballads are great, and it only picks up from there. I think "Surrender the Night" is the weakest track overall, but "Burn Bright" is the perfect ending. To me, it's not a coincidence that "Burn Bright" was the song they left us with (well, until "Fake Your Death"). I think it was very intentional that it was the last song released just a few weeks before they announced the band's end. And then to follow that up with a song called "Fake Your Death". Everything this band did always meant something...

Penguin likes this.
  16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I really enjoyed all of conventional weapons.

17. SpyKi

"Surrender the Night" is one of my favourites.

18. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Drowning Lessons is one of my all time favorite songs, i love that guitar riff, fuckk

SpyKi likes this.
  19. SpyKi

we need a love button for this post.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  20. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

that record has so many jams, i'm reminded every time i spin the LP (i always forget i have it)

21. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

I'm sure @SpyKi has seen this but for the rest of you

AndrewSoup likes this.
  22. SpyKi

one of my favourite videos ever. I love seeing Gerard's vocal takes.

23. nohandstoholdonto Apr 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2016)
    nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

*Incoming, really long, dumb personal post warning*

So I haven't really felt legitimately nostalgic listening to music for quite a while now. Prior to getting on hormones I would get so nostalgic listening to some songs/albums/artists that it would actually make it hard for me to listen to them. I think I just really longed to go back to certain periods of my life that I perceived as being easier than where I was at that point in time. Nowadays, I'm much more interested in the future, in the person I'm in the process of becoming (which makes sense, since truthfully, I was never happy as long as I was living "as a guy," so those perceptions I'd had were really faulty).

Anyway, the point of me spelling all of that stuff out is that the other day I was scrolling through Facebook and I saw that someone had posted the music video to Helena but with Gerard's vocal track isolated and decided to watch it. It's honestly been a while since I've really listened to this band, and watching that ended up really making me feel nostalgic, but not in a negative sense like I described above.

I was reminded of watching the video for I'm Not Okay on Fuse, and the day I had my parents buy me Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge because of it, and that feeling I got holding the CD in my hands on the car ride eager to listen. I remember drawing pictures while listening to the album on a loop. I remember finding solace in their music from all the constant bullying I received at the time, wearing my love for them and the Used proudly on t-shirts.

Looking back on those moments I felt sympathy for that kid for the first time that I can remember allowing myself to. At the onset of puberty, I'd say the "wrong" puberty, I was dealing with so much shit both internally and externally that I'd slowly begun to build a wall between myself and the rest of the world. Things still effected me, but I would do my best not to show it, and I'd use music as a coping mechanism of sorts. I filtered most of my feelings through song lyrics, and while that certainly wasn't healthy, it was how I got through my adolescence for the most part. It was why I decided to become a musician, I think; I realized I could actually put my own thoughts and feelings to my own songs and in a way I always wanted to help people the same way I was helped by music.

So yeah, anyway, what I'm saying is this band was majorly influential to me and I feel bad for taking them kind of for granted. I've been listening to their music pretty regularly the past couple days and it feels good. I think I needed it. I'm realizing just how fragile and fleeting time really can be, and I want to learn to appreciate things more as they happen instead of in the rearview. Hopefully I can actually manage to do that.

Jake Z, Penguin, beachdude42 and 3 others like this.
  24. SpyKi

Great post, not dumb. Glad I got to read it.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  25. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Thank you for taking the time to read it. :)

SpyKi likes this.