Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 136

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

ooohhh I like this one a lot

2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Sounds like something off of Danger Days. I like it.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I hope these are all connected to an album

4. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'd be fine if he's just releasing a bunch of one-off singles that aren't on the upcoming album either, more for us!

FrankieThe4th and coleslawed like this.
  5. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

dotKev and SpyKi like this.
  6. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

New trailer for UA (that looks crazy good) which includes Gerard covering Hazy Shade of Winter with Ray Toro and Jarrod.

SpyKi, coleslawed and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

beachdude, coleslawed and JRGComedy like this.
  8. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

disambigujason likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

10. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

It was posted to the front page but The Guardian has a good interview with Gerard - perhaps the most optimistic soundbite re: future music from MCR

Bolded emphasis mine. Also, he's working on his debut novel!

11. Osceola13 Feb 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2019)
    Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Anybody else binging The Umbrella Academy today? So far I'm up to episode 4 and seriously loving it, especially the soundtrack and costumes.

12. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Will be watching this weekend

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Planning to check it out this weekend as well. I never read the comics or anything, so I'm going in relatively blind but it looks intriguing from what I've seen.

beachdude and Bad Frequencies like this.
  14. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

The comics are great and I hope everyone checks them out regardless of the show's quality.

I've always thought Kill All Your Friends & This Is How I Disappear have some lyrics that overlap with TUA.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

So the show is pretty awesome

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I really want to read the comic before watching the show

17. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Re-read the comics Thursday night and then binged the whole season on Friday. Was absolutely blown away with how much I really enjoyed it so now I've become the obnoxious friend harassing everyone I know to check it out.

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Y'know, I was pretty disappointed with Danger Days when it came out, especially after following an album like Black Parade. But UA has gotten me listening to them again, and there are some pretty good songs on there. I love Summertime.

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

danger days still my favorite mcr record, "summertime" favorite mcr song, i don't care

20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

"Summertime" evokes the sound of mid-late 80s the cure in such a perfect way

incredible song

beachdude, Owlex, Joe4th and 6 others like this.
  21. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Danger Days kicks ass. I mean, between that and Conventional Weapons being the potential TBP follow-up, I’m very glad we got the former.

coleslawed, Owlex, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  22. RyanPm40

I still prefer Three Cheers and Black Parade because there isn't a single song between those albums that I dislike, but man I miss this band. If they ever do a reunion, I will immediately be buying tickets with my girlfriend even if they cost hundreds of dollars. I'm happy I at least got to see them twice before the break up.

Barresi likes this.
  23. RyanPm40

Ive never heard of Conventional Weapons! Was that some album of demos that were released later on??

xapplexpiex likes this.
  24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

It was what they recorded before DD. They released at the end of 2012 I think. An albums worth of songs in decent quality. Much better than demo quality.

25. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

CW was THE album they had planned to release and then scrapped. That's the finish product if in text correctly. Gerard said they were going to go with a very raw sound. I'm paraphrasing. I do fucking love DD though. What a great album that didn't get the love it deserved when it was released.