Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 134

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Bane

The spiciest meme

SPOOKY SEASON AESTHETIC

Really really like it, glad to see he keeps up the quality

2. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I’m gonna have to listen to Hesitant Alien today. No Shows, Brothers, and How It’s Going to Be are easily some of his best.

After listening to a lot of MCR lately it dawned on me the “ooooo OOOOO oooo”’s in Kids Frim Yesterday and No Shows are super similar

Bryan Diem likes this.
  3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Great chune

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

hesitant alien is front to back amazing and a classic imo

the new song rules in the exact same way, pls 2019 give me a new gerard way album

5. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

I think song for song Hesitant Alien might age better than most of the MCR records.

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Bold but I'm not seeing it, MCR songs have aged well for me

SpyKi likes this.
  7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i agree with frankie to a degree. hesitant alien is exactly the follow-up i wanted to danger days, and i'll reach for it more readily than any mcr record, but also: i fucking love mcr they hold up so well

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

MCR ages like the finest wine.

9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the other day i pulled out the black parade for the first time in ages, what a record obv

still wish "kill all your friends" had made the tracklist though

10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

You, me, Gerard. We all wish it made the record

coleslawed and FrankieThe4th like this.
  11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

low key the best mcr song for real

Owlex likes this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Hesitant alien is the third best mcr album

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new song kinda sucks hah

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Once more we are at odds !

Song is great...now give me at least 9 more

15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I can't get into Killjoys at all. I tried when it came out and only got a few songs in. Listening now for the first time since then and it's not bad but it's not for me.

16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Three Cheers has a very special place in my heart and will always be my favorite.

stars143 likes this.
  17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Boy Division is such a banger

Allpwrtoslaves likes this.
  18. FrankieThe4th Oct 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2018)
    FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Black Parade has aged very well, Danger Days less so. I liked DD when it came out but not sure I even like it all that much now - though I loved the music videos and overall aesthetic for that era.

Bullets and Three Cheers are good but I haven't gone back to either very much over the past few years, aside from seeking out individual tracks.

Conventional Weapons always felt disposable, but I constantly forget it's even a thing. Can't believe Stay never got an official release.

(My metric for whether I think something will age well is I try to picture myself listening to a record at 60, which is in all honesty a terrible metric.)

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

Everything MCR has released is timeless to me.

Truly a vampire of discographies.

coleslawed and Joe4th like this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Same

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I go back and forth between three cheers and black parade constantly but three cheers was a ground breaking album in my journey of music discovery at a really young age, and it still holds up to this day. I will say it has a more of a “of its time” sound than black parade which is more timeless but three cheers sounding like emo/post hardcore from 04 isn’t a bad thing because it’s still one of the best ever from that era

xapplexpiex likes this.
  22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

imo danger days aged incredibly well but it's my favorite mcr album

23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Three Cheers will always be my favorite because it was formative for me in high school when it came out

xapplexpiex likes this.
  24. xapplexpiex Oct 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2018)
    xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Three Cheers was the first album I bought and listened front to back and really got me into music. I had a rough homelife at that age and I really looked up to Gerard. I was obsessed.

Owlex and sophos34 like this.
  25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Three Cheers was my favourite album during the time that I was first really falling in love with music, definitely holds a very special place in my heart