Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 125

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

That's what I've always wondered too. I know the Welcome to the Black Parade music video is supposed to be the entire story but I've never understood that either.

I would love for a Broadway rendition of this like they did for American Idiot, except more concise to the album. Never understood why they threw in songs from 21CB and the rest of their career.

2. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Oh my god this was made for Broadway how has this not been done already

3. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Money.

Justin Roux likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I had no idea they were on SNL once wow

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m so sorry to bump this without any news but I was just thinking about how underrated Hesitant Alien is

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

He's still posting studio updates every friday!

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I like those lil pedal videos he's been posting. As someone who knows nothing about anything it's v interesting

Owlex and SpyKi like this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Okay I just played Pinkish and Don’t Try for the first time and those songs are even better than like half the album. Give me LP2 already.

SpyKi, Lee Thomas and Bryan Diem like this.
  9. Kiana

I get so stupidly happy when I see them like each others stuff on social media. And like the other day frank mentioned texting Gerard and I was like oooomg. Like I know bad blood was never why they broke up but it still makes me happy they all seem like friends still!

That is all.

10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

was just listening to It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Fucking Deathwish and it is still one of their best songs

Kiana likes this.
  11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah man I agree.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  12. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I've been thinking recently that with Panic! and FOB's success along with renaissance of emo that if MCR were active today they'd be fucking huge again. Like by the time Danger Days rolled around they were headlining larger theaters and opening up amphitheaters. I bet they'd be back to the arena-level heights of TBP days. Ahhh, a boy can dream.

13. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I’m not so sure. Maybe initially, but they’d still need a hit song and their style they left on is not what is poppin right now.

disambigujason likes this.
  14. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I know they wouldn't be doing what FOB and Panic! are doing sonically, but I feel like they had one or two subversive pop hits left in them. Actually if Fake Your Death is what we're going by, the next album seemed to be going for a darker yet more radio friendly sound anyways.

15. Kiana

Idk I know mcr's style isn't that big rn but I always hear people talk about how they have adolescent siblings/students/kids/etc who are randomly rly into them so I wonder how widespread that is. And I feel like the more other bands of that era unite and mcr doesn't, it creates demand and buzz cause we want what we cant have. But if they just wanted to reunite and do smaller venues that's cool with me lol. I hate when bands reunite and just play huge festivals cause none are near me. I love how when fall out boy reunited they did the tour in the smaller venues first, espesh cause they've pretty much exclusively played massive venues since then so it was nice to at least get one more shot at a more intimate tour

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Night_Sky

Regular

100%

SpyKi and AndrewSoup like this.
  17. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Funny to see this thread pop back up, as I've been making my way through their discography again the past few days. It really solidified the fact that I've never seen them live probably going down as my biggest live music regret.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Every time i see this thread bumped i allow myself the thought that maybe there is news and then i am sad haha

Every time

chewbacca110, Doomsday and Cgarnsay like this.
  19. ale5875

Regular

My money is on an MCR reunion in 2019.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  20. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Mine too, long overdue

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

"California 2019" tour

coleslawed likes this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

MCR is the kind of band that could definitely blow up again despite what’s popular because of name recognition and the fact theyve always been the kind of band to set trends rather than follow them and it always worked out well in the past. Like in 2006 was a classic rock influenced weirdo emo concept record guaranteed to blow up? fuck no but it did anyway

23. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Agree 100%. I used to really dislike MCR, but TBP came out when I was listening to a lot of Queen and The Who, so it realllllly resonated with me. After I realized how good they really were, I went back and listened to the old albums and fell in love. I still am cold on Danger Days though. If they come back, I hope Gerard’s voice can hold up. I would looove to see Ray and Frank play together again though

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I stand by Danger Days > Three Cheers > TBP > Bullets.

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

Gerard's still kickin with the solo stuff so I'm sure his voice still holds haha

Honestly they're all doing so well for themselves now that I'm not even looking for a reunion, just for them to keep on keeping on. Like would I shit myself from excitement and cry if they did have a reunion? Fuck yea, but I really like all the paths they're on now too.

coleslawed likes this.