Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Band • Page 124

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Unlike Copeland this seems like an obvious April fools

2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

is that comma grammatically correct?

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  3. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

The worst kind of joke.

skogsraet likes this.
  4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Haha coldest April Fools ever

5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Hella fake. The guys stayed friends, nothing to heal there, smh.

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

There’s also no way they’d announce they’re back together on April fools day only to say that we’ll hear news in a few weeks

7. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

this is cruel and whomever thought this was an okay joke can catch these hands

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lol yeah that's fucked up

If they did get back together, how do you guys think it would happen though? My guess is FOB-style, with an album already recorded

irthesteve likes this.
  9. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I honestly don’t see them ever releasing another album. I think it’d be festival dates, a farewell tour and then goodbye again.

heymattrick likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

someday they will get back together, they are too friendly with each other!

Cgarnsay likes this.
  11. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Hoping for some small Mad Gear and Missile Kid shows in 2019.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  12. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Apparently Gerard turns 40 today which is cool because that means he's much closer in age to Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins than I originally thought which helps solidify my theory that they're actually the same person.

13. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I believe he's actually 41 today (born in 1977).

It's been 7 years since My Chem played in Denver on Gerard's birthday in 2011. I miss the World Contamination Tour very dearly.

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I saw them play on Gerard birthday ten years ago and it's the last time I ever saw them live because I was a broke college student for the danger days era :-/

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Sorry to bump the thread, but folks, I gotta know, is the Black Parade boxset all it's cracked up to be? Obviously the CD version sounds no good, but is it worth it to spend all that money on the "audiophile" masters?

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’ve never really thought about it but Famous Last Words is a top 5 penultimate track of all time for me

heymattrick likes this.
  17. heymattrick

Famous Last Words is definitely in my top songs of all time

18. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

there's a boxset?

19. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Famous Last Words definitely top 3 MCR closer.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  20. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I never paid much attention to "Disenchanted" up until a year or 2 ago, then I listened to it. Damn. And then to follow it up with Famous Last Words is a really great pairing.

Kiana and SpyKi like this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

With The Black Parade, I think I Don't Love You is the song that has stuck with me the most throughout the past 12 years.

As far as closers go, I Never Told You What I Do For A Living is my favorite closer, and probably my overall favorite MCR song of all-time.

22. heymattrick

And we’re all...dead...noooooowwwwww

23. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I don’t know if there’s a bad MCR song. Maybe some not great songs, but even the ones I really didn’t like back when they came out have grown on me.

Last night I watched their SNL performance (it never went up on YT so I’d never seen it before) and it reminded me how incredible they are. I don’t really listen to most of the stuff I listened to in my teens but MCR has real staying power.

Bryan Diem, Cgarnsay and SpyKi like this.
  24. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Seeing the talk about the Black Parade made me want to talk about my crazy theory that the album is supposed to be played backwards. Obviously I could be wrong and none of this really matters, but I like playing the album this way for the story.

Now I know the album thematically is supposed to be about The Patient's journey to the afterlife and recollections of their life on earth. But here's how I imagine the story playing it backwards.

Starting with the Hidden Track, The Patient is in the hospital getting their blood tested and find out they have cancer. They then go to see their significant other and tell them the bad news and that they can continue on without them in Famous Last Words. Then we go into some general story telling about their relationship and other things happening in The Patient's life. Turmoil in the relationship in Disenchanted and Sleep, letters to their mother in Mama, and The Patient might even be a school teacher which would explain Teenagers. We then hit a climax with Cancer-House of Wolves-I Don't Love You, where The Patient ends up in the hospital for their last dying moments, finishing with their significant other telling them "I Don't Love You". The Patient then dies and wakes up in the afterlife, cue Welcome to the Black Parade. To me The Sharpest Lives feels like a tour of the afterlife, and then the story finished with This Is How I Disappear-Dead!-The End. The Patient accepts the fact their time with the living is over as they watch their memory fade from the people they love, and with this realization accepts the fact they are Dead! The album ends with The End. where the patient watches their funeral happen, and that ends the album.

I'm sure there are a lot of holes in this interpretation, but its how I like looking at the album. Are there any full interpretations of the album story out there? I'd be interested in reading them.

25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Maybe not just straight backwards, but I've always been very confused by how the album flows along with the "story"

RJ Knorr and Justin Roux like this.