Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Tour Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Dec 13, 2019.

1. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Is My Chem really bigger now then Blink was for their reunion? Blink played the same venue and had Fall Out Boy and Panic opening.

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yes. My Chem is bigger now by a lot.

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

No way. For that Blink reunion tour they sold out 3 nights in my city and honestly could've added at least another night.

MRose24 likes this.
  4. marissalg

Trusted

I think My Chem has more hype around them than blink at the moment, but blink is still a bigger band.

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  5. emojedi

Trusted

Bigger than FOB by a long shot right now but no not bigger than blink. That blink tour was absolutely huge

MRose24, Xpertguy5 and tyler2tall like this.
  6. J12

Trusted Supporter

They're spec-ing the pit tickets. Pretty common for most arena shows. The balcony seats are likely packaged blocks that big time brokers like Ace have contracted out with the Garden.

Bruins/Celtics season ticket holders do not get any sort of pre-sales for concerts. They're offered discounted parking, and, if space allows, they'll sell tickets to the new luxury promenade way up in the rafters a few weeks out from the show. They only open those up if corporate sponsors don't claim them.

Brent likes this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Not now. MCR is definitely bigger than Blink now.

Brent, digitalbath and Joe4th like this.
  8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Blink has fallen off since their reunion, similarly to Fall Out Boy. It was a big thing when they first reunited but now the hype has completely died down and they aren't a coveted band anymore. MCR has a ton of attention and hype going for them right now and while that will probably subside eventually, right now it puts them ahead of Blink. I honestly think they will stay bigger than Blink until Blink does something to garner a ton of attention again, like bring Tom back.

andysoto523 and digitalbath like this.
  9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Blink reunion was bigger than the MCR reunion, but MCR will sell better than Blink now.

There were a LOT of empty seats at that Blink / Lil Wayne tour last summer.

Xpertguy5 and Brent like this.
  10. flask

Trusted Supporter

Blink is terrible now and i wish they would put it to bed.

11. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Barclays is going to sell out instantly for this. So odd as, 10 years ago, when they promoting Danger Days, they were doing 2x nights at Terminal 5 (3000-capacity) and now playing two arena dates.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I was looking at their old tour dates and thought that was so odd. The Black Parade tour had them selling out Madison Square Garden, and then the next tour they could only do venues like Terminal 5? I can't remember that far back, but was the initial Danger Days tour marketed as like a "back to our roots/intimate" tour? Or did they just dip in popularity?

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

They also toured with linkin park and taking back Sunday and like 15 other bands on project revolution duding the black parade tour cycle so that got them fans from the linkin park crowd. So I’m sure they where able to play arenas back them cuz they got a bigger fan base. But idk if that tour was before or after the original black parade USA tour

14. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Blink has fallen off a lot. Believe it or not, it took some people quite a while to find out Tom wasn't in the band anymore. This was mainly during the California era where I ran into fans like that at a show. Plus that last tour with Lil Wayne struggled to sell. Not to mention their live show can be hit or miss. I caught them when they sounded amazing and other times they were just awful

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wonder if they have a placeholder at either TD Garden or Barclays for 9/16 for a second show

Brent likes this.
  16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I don't even remember the Danger Days touring... days. Looking at the wiki for the tour, the closest show to me (at the time, living in Lawton, OK) was Dallas for back to back HOB Dallas dates... but I was out in CA for training at the time. By the time they toured again in 2011 I was in Korea. Really hope I can get tickets for Boston.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Here in NYC when they were touring The Black Parade they did an arena show (Nassau Coliseum), then headlined Bamboozle, then did the Projekt Revolution tour, then did 3 more arena shows (Madison Square Garden and 2 nights at Prudential).
    Jeez, I didn't realize just how damn big they were at that time....which makes it all the odder that their next album cycle had them playing small rooms.

Drewski likes this.
  18. Ryanjayreviews

Regular

It was billed as an intimate thing. While they were doing house of blues venues. The tour still sold out in seconds. At least here in florida it did

Brent likes this.
  19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I'm ready to fight anyone else trying to get online for pit tickets to TD tomorrow.

20. Phil507

They didn't headline at the Prudential. I believe Bon Jovi did a string of nights there to open the arena and MCR was one of the openers which....could not have gone over well with that crowd (though still better when Brand New played before Bon Jovi and I saw a bunch of women with 80's hair freaking out over the pits that formed).

EDIT: They also played Webster Hall on day of release which was an excellent show.

21. Phil507

Just to manage everyone's expectations for tomorrow, here's how things will go:

1) Enter Ticketmaster "Waiting Room" 10 min before on sale
    2) Be placed in digital queue with 2000+ people in front
    3) Wait 10-15 min, eventually receive a message that limited tickets remain
    4) Finally be let into the on sale to find that no tickets or available and/or only seats that remain are "Platinum Seating" (i.e "We noticed a lot of people trying to buy in this section so we jacked the price up")
    5) Complain on internet

22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds like a plan!

[​IMG]

falafelmywaffle and Xpertguy5 like this.
  23. Xpertguy5

Trusted

How is it that this always happens to me for high profile shows. I have bad luck with Ticketmaster

24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Ticketmaster is killing me right now...

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  25. Phil507

Who DOES get into the queue early? I almost long for the old days where I'd hit search and be instantly denied as opposed to waiting 15 min to be denied.

kman22 and falafelmywaffle like this.