Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Tour Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Dec 13, 2019.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, MCR probably isn't doing anything in terms of the scheduling. It's likely the team behind them doing the heavy lifting, and MCR is just waiting for their word to say anything.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think there's a lot more thought that goes into these communications. Especially for a band like them. If they sit in silence, they don't really need to respond to anything at the moment (because, I would imagine the majority of people are assuming it's going to get moved)...

But if they said "We're working on it, hold tight" then they'd be inundated with questions.

I think they're sorting it out behind the scenes, and when they have it all sorted? They'll announce. Rather than announce the announcement for the announcement.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

but announcements for announcements are in vogue!!!

GrantCloud and alkalinexandy like this.
  4. a lack of color

Regular

I mean I’m sure they aren’t, but money has to be a factor as to why all of these bands/artists are taking forever to announce what is going on with their tours. They (not just MCR - everyone) probably need our money to hold them over as long as possible since the economy is in shambles. Otherwise they could just cancel and rebook like The 1975 did which IMO makes way more sense when a tour is going to take place a whole year later and might need new routing, venues, etc.

Sorry, I’m just stressed about having $2000+ worth of concert tickets that I don’t even know if I can go to or will even actually happen lol

Sean Murphy likes this.
  5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Also there’s 3? 4? LA dates. So now you gotta re-schedule those and be like ok if you have tickets for X day in LA now those tix are good for Y day in LA.

6. a lack of color

Regular

Yeah, I get that, which is why I think it would make sense for all of these bands to cancel and rebook, but they want to keep our money as long as they can. And by “they” I don’t necessarily mean the bands but eeeeveryone involved.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

oh that's a valid stress for sure lol

8. Darth Annihilus

Regular

With the nightmare it was to even get tickets for these shows, I definitely don't want a cancellation of any sort. I can wait for them to rebook. Since it was money spent already, I just look at it as a whole extra year to save money for flights and hotels and whatever else I might need.

9. a lack of color

Regular

Fair enough and I definitely feel that way about some of the shows I have tickets for. But I also kind of feel like I’m giving these bands/companies/venues an interest-free loan since I don’t know if I can make the new dates, plus there’s always the chance that some shows get canceled altogether. If I’m going to get my money back in the end I would prefer they make it hasty so that I can use that money to pay bills. But of course it’s not that simple and rebooking a tour amongst a million other rebooked tours has to be very complicated.

10. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Also realized I split my payment between two gift cards and a credit card. That'll be fun getting a refund.

theasteriskera and flask like this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

well there it be

13. do you remember back when we were getting ready to purchase tickets and we were worried about COVID affecting MCR dates and I said "if COVID is cancelling MCR dates in the fall we probably have much bigger problems" ?

W E L P

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

:verysad::verysad::verysad:

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

So wait. If people opt to get refunds, what happens to those tickets?

16. Wonder if they’ll have another ticket sale? I requested a refund today

17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The inventory gets opened up and put back into the system for other people to buy – unless the band/promoter/venue mark the refunded tickets as their own holds.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! Guessing they'll make announcements on that... Fingers-crossed for Boston but glad I have Riot Fest all sorted for 2021 already!

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

How many of ya'll are gonna take the refund?

It'd be nice to have $400 back in my bank account, but I also don't want to go through the mayhem of trying to get a ticket again.

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

There won't be another on-sale ... you'll just need to check the page and hope to snag tickets as they're released.

21. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

I couldn't handle the stress of trying to buy tickets again but I completely get why people might need to take the refund. I think 2021 is being optimistic but that may be because I'm in Florida surrounded by people who aren't taking this virus seriously.

22. SPine

Trusted

Well if anyone is selling a Detroit ticket, let me know

23. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I may end up with an extra

SPine likes this.
  24. SPine

Trusted

I'm interested. Keep me posted

Cgarnsay likes this.
  25. heaththehorizon

Regular

I was able to buy a face value philly ticket last night. Keep looking if you guys need tickets.