Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance to Release ‘The Black Parade / Living With Ghosts (10th Anniversary... • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 28, 2016.

1. jba

The video had over 10 million views before anything else was posted.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

A lot of those B sides are really great songs, but this is still pretty lame.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

THIS...Literally just shelled out like $35 for The Black Parade repress (without the demos, obviously) last year.

What the hell is this label/band thinking?

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, in this day and age, waiting 24-30 hours before making a statement is not 'almost immediately.' With social media, things can get out of hand in the matter of minutes. This isn't 10 years ago. Bottom line: Teaser video was an epic failure no matter which way you slice it.

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'll listen to the bonus tracks when it's released but no way am I spending $35 on an album I've heard dozens of times with a bunch of demos. Jokes up, announce a tour already.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  6. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Where are the actual b-sides to the album? Are they really going to put out live demos of Kill All Your Friends and My Way Home is Through You, but not put the actual finished recordings on a release like this? And what about Heaven Help Us? Weird.

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

This. Why not just release everything from that time period altogether? Makes no sense.

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah that probably would've gotten me to pick this up if the actual proper b-sides were on this. Don't get that. I really like all three of those.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

And...?

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The band has been pretty adamant that there wasn't going to be any reunion anytime soon, if ever, so anyone who is or has been a fan of the band should've known not to get their hopes up. Anyone who let their own personal hype get out of control has nobody but themselves to blame. Or blame hype culture in general.

Or, you know, be excited to get this new edition of the album with all these great demos.

heymattrick likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm not saying I disagree with you. I honestly couldn't care less. If MCR ever toured/made new music, great. If not, no big deal. I just think it was a very, very poorly executed teaser. And to my point, waiting 24 hours in the social media age is not almost immediately. It took all of 2 minutes for rumors to start running wild to the point where major media outlets ( Rolling Stone, Spin, Billboard, etc) were covering it, within like 45 minutes. Can't blame their fans for thinking something more was coming.

12. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

they (WBR) made a gorram teaser video with an updated logo in ORDER to stir up excitement. and all for what, the same record that just got repressed last year, now with a lamer logo/cover and a bunch of live demos, most of which we've already heard the actual studio recordings
    yeah, i'd say people are gonna be salty about that

13. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

I had -10 hope of a reunion so when everyone was going nuts about one it was pretty funny to watch. I was willing to blow my cash on a cool box set though and what they're offering here, which is barely anything tangible, is an utter rip off. What a lousy way to commemorate such a great album. I'm still salty they did fuck all for Revenge, which was a the better album in my mind.

14. fbrrocks

Trusted

i knew it was no tour cuz ik fank iero has a fall tour to be announced

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm guessing none of them members of mcr are involved in this cause I feel like if they were it'd look cooler

16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah, I feel like Gerard is way too creative to have been involved in something that looks as half-assed and plain as this does.

Kiana likes this.
  17. Schooner

Trusted

Yuck. I hate demos nearly as much as I don't care for live recordings as deluxe content. Give me unheard bsides or acoustic at worst