Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Tease Announcement

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

paythetab likes this.
  2. Fuck

Orla and heymattrick like this.
  3. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

4. [​IMG]

5. laraheart

Please don't be only tour dates

6. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Very nice - Borat voice

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Anxious about what this be. Praying for tour dates, hoping for new music. But I'll take what I can get.

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Bring it

9. Brandon Briganti

Regular Prestigious

AsfAstAswegofar likes this.
  10. heymattrick Jan 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 29, 2020)
    heymattrick

Festival Owl on Twitter is reporting they’re in for Riot Fest, Aftershock, and Music Midtown will be announced today.

EDIT: seems pretty early in the year for either Riot or MM to get announced, yet those cities were included in the teaser video yesterday. Part of me still thinks this might be a Coachella situation and they won’t actually be in those lineups.
    20 minutes or so!!

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That Twitter account is generally pretty accurate/reliable. The Coachella debacle was largely due to scheduling/line-up placement. MCR would definitely be a headliner at Riot Fest, which sorta takes that whole issue out of the equation.

It's definitely early for Riot Fest to announce a headliner. But we know the tour is taking place in September (TX dates leaked yesterday) and I think My Chemical Romance would be a big enough get that it would warrant Riot Fest announcing them early. That would definitely drive early ticket sales.

I'm guessing they're on it. And it would be silly for Riot Fest to hold on announcing them along with the other tour dates.

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

13. heymattrick

Executive Produced by Brian Schechter

Music by Ray Toro and Jamie Muhoberac

14. ghostxvapor

Trusted

This is fun

15. laraheart

Well that was kinda epic.

16. oakhurst Jan 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 29, 2020)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Alot of theatrics to only announce like 12 shows. Might drive to Atlanta for the Sept 20th show

edit: the atlanta date is part of the midtown music festival, so great, I get to pay $150+ when I only want to see mcr. What a joke

somethingliketj likes this.
  17. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Precisely why I hate festivals.

Another reason: the lineups always look so epic when you see the names all together, then they break it down by day after the fact and you're like "eh, that's really only 2 or 3 bands per day I want to see". I'd much rather pay top dollar to see a band I love with killer seats than to see 50 I don't really care about amongst a sea of sweaty, drunken hooligans.

"Ok, boomer..."

:-D

18. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

I love that it's 11 and a half minutes of drama, and then the first venue is "Little Caesars Arena."

19. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I mean, to be fair, you would maybe still have to pay $150 to see MCR headline, the real loss is the shorter set and sea of festival people.

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The $150 wouldn’t bother me if it was a MCR headliner

21. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I saw MCR ages ago, I believe they actually opened for Alkaline Trio. Maybe I'm wrong, I feel like it was at the Tsongas Arena in lowell. I made jokes about how lame that band was, with their sweepy emo haircuts and black suits. but then there I was, fucking loving their live show. They were on, and I realized I was being a dick and I loved their music. I bought Three Cheers a day later. Anyways, did anyone catch them in the last few years before they broke up? Are they still good live? Someone told me they weren't. Figured this community might know better. Thanks!

22. heymattrick

I saw them several times in 2011 and they were still very good. Not as insane as their Revenge and Black Parade era sets, but they still sounded tight live. I highly recommend watching their headlining set from Reading Festival in 2011. Definitely one of their best sets.

I saw them last month at their reunion show and I was surprised at how good Gerard sounded. His voice sounded great and his screams were on point. He was a little lower energy than in the past, but he’s also much older and it was their first show back in 7 1/2 years, so it could have been nerves.