Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Getting Their Tease On • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 20, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

If I was to rank;

The Black Parade > Three Cheers > Danger Days > Singles EP (1/2/3/4) >>>> Bullets

The Black Parade is just the most fully realized record in my opinion. From start to finish, it's great both musically and lyrically. It's a rock opera that would make Freddy Mercury smile. Three Cheers is a great record too but Parade has it beat. It took me a while to appreciate TBP since Hot Topic whored that shit out like their lives depended on it and the record was so huge that I immediately hated it because I was 19 and dumb. Danger Days has a lot of good songs on it and the production is top notch but it's too lost in its own ambition and experimentation in my opinion. It falls off the rails in some parts and as a follow up to TBP? Not on par in my opinion. Singles had some really great tracks (Kiss The Ring, Boy Division, Gun) but others were whatever. Bullets is still honestly forgettable for me.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I agree with you on a lot of posts but I can't on this one man :tear:

3. JSNFRMN

Palm Dreams

Listened to Three Cheers for first time in ages last night because of the talk. Full of nostalgia from my school days.

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

what about singles 5? ha. That's my second favourite after 1.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wellp...

From their Facebook page:

"We've been really touched and blown away by the response to the teaser trailer. We are not touring and there is no reunion planned - only a release for the anniversary of The Black Parade.

Thanks so much for continuing to keep MCR in your minds and in your hearts."

6. MoviePoopShoot.com

Yep, no surprise there.

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

My heart...

MoviePoopShoot.com likes this.
  8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Nailed it.

The date was too convenient.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Gotta be honest, this is a pretty shitty way to troll fans. It's one thing to announce a re-issue, but it's a whole other thing to put up a mysterious video with no information. Should have just came out with the news of the re-issue.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Haha whoops meant to include that..

Goddamnitttttt

Still will hold out hope. This could be just to throw us off like how FOB was lying days before the reunion announcement.

11. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm so glad it's not a reunion tour. Don't get me wrong, it'd be cool to see them again. But it's not like they've been broken up for a long time, at that point it's not even a reunion haha. It's just them taking a break.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I mean Danger Days was released over six years ago.. so it's been a little while in my opinion.

13. I mean, hey. Fall Out Boy did it.

fame likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

Maybe I'm wrong for this, but FOB felt more justifiable with Stump doing massive long tours without the band, like things he couldn't have possibly done with FOB active. But yeah that is a good point. I guess I'm at the point where I've stopped believing bands really break up anymore and for once I want it to be true, I want it to matter when a band breaks up and not think "well they'll be back in 5 years anyway".

15. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

They don't run their social media. It's all Warner at this point.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I didn't know that. If they don't run it, then why does their statement on their FB page say "we"?

17. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Because labels are good at writing things to make it sound like a band.

Just because it says that doesn't mean they wrote it.

18. Eh, bands break up in the same way that people do. Sometimes it's forever, sometimes it's until the individuals involved realize that they worked better as a group. I think as long as it's what they (meaning any band that makes this decision) feel is right for them creatively, it'll always matter, even if it doesn't end up working out. Otherwise we'll live in a world of indefinite hiatus where people refuse to call it what it is because they don't want to get called liars later. That just doesn't seem very productive to me either.

19. Fucking Dustin

Yeah, you're right. It's weird...just because there's such a connection to bands, whereas if two people I knew broke up from their relationship, it wouldn't affect me in the same way. But at the same time bands don't owe anything to us, and you're entirely right: What feels right for them is most important. I guess this is just the way things are gonna be much more often now haha.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  20. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Haha no worries; this opinion wouldn't even be considered in the minority, it's so small.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

agreed