Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Getting Their Tease On • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 20, 2016.

1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yeah me either, I think it stuck closer to punk roots (mostly Vampire Money) and a little less arena rock but it's definitely a similar progression. I dig some of FOB's new stuff but I think the releases after Danger Days as well as all their side projects is a good indicator that if they get back together, it won't be similar to what Fall Out Boy is doing. For all the comparisons, MCR doesn't really align neatly with any other band in the genre which is great, because we don't need another Fall Out Boy.

ekjohnson4 likes this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I hope no one takes this the wrong way because Brand New is my all-time favorite band and I've traveled the country countless times to go see them live and I like them WAY more than I could ever like MCR, but again, not even in the same league.

MCR was MASSIVE - especially in the mainstream. They have multiple platinum albums. Brand New has one Gold record and arguably no mainstream hits. MCR had like 8 HUGE hits (Brand New's highest charting US. Alt record was No. 30 - MCR has 8 that were in the top 13)

Brand New playing with The Movielife is 10x more believable than MCR coming back to play with Thursday.

Kizwiz, SayHello and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Would still be cool. Expanded track list with the b-sides mixed in, a la Anberlin? I'd be down for that too.

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I doubt they'd do that. I think if they added anything it would be an extra CD or something or just tacked on the end.

5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Some weird Danger Fays shade being thrown here. Had some of my favorite tracks by them.

Anyways, I'd be thrilled with a new album. A tour, not so much, unless it's after May when I get back state side next year lol. Seen them three times, met them twice. Most realist dudes ever, so kind and down to earth. Either way excited for MCR news again.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I think given that G expressed that he felt a lack of passion, whatever they do will be given 100% detail, so I think something wild isn't out of the question.

It's a long shot, but I think a remix/remaster/some high quality demos of the whole album would be tremendous. The original version always sounded a bit stale.

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think the two bands need to be in the same league for the comparison to work. Thursday is also way bigger than The Movielife. I think it would be totally like them to come out for a band that they know and love in their home state, just as a special treat. It also doesn't really matter if people would want to come just for them as the show is already sold out. Openers announced after ticket sales are kind of fair game as the crowd is already confirmed. It would open it up to scalping though of course.

It's also interesting as an aside that the date comes 9 years and 11 months after TBP when 9/11 was so influential to the band starting.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I guess my whole point in this conversation is that MCR is massive enough that when they want to do a reunion show/tour, it will probably be on their own terms at a pretty large venue(s).

Also, another point to the original commenters post about Brand New playing with The Movielife, Brand New was not on hiatus or broken-up, so it's not like they were playing their first show together in 4 or 5 years.

9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I was going for "Bigger band is a surprise guest for their friend's show" but sure, thanks for stating the obvious haha

10. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

If it is on their own terms, they'll most definitely do a warmup show at Starland and an LA area venue before announcing an arena tour.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  11. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Danger Days > errything else MCR.

Posted this years ago on AP.net and was roasted, are people still feeling the same way these days?

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I might be alone here but I really don't think they would be so cryptic and get their fan's hopes up so high just for a vinyl re-issue...

13. Piercalicious

Regular

I have so many emotions about this. MCR shows were the first place I felt really at home in a concert crowd. My initial reaction was that if this is just a reunion/anniversary tour without new music, I would be disappointed that the band isn't staying true to themselves and is jumping on a money grab without some sort of artistic passion behind it... but then I had time to reflect and listen back on some material and I just cannot help but be hyped at the prospect of getting to see those songs played live again.

But damn do I still hope it's new music. This band's scrapped work is better than many bands in this scene's best work. If they have something to say or a story they want to tell, I would love nothing more than to hear it.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

You are even more wrong than before.

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

SpyKi I bet your over the moon about a possible tour when I read the op I instantly thought of you on here haha.

SpyKi likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So was I then, because I loathe that album :crylaugh:

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If your favourite of theirs isn't Three Cheers, I'm afraid we can't be friends.

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Black parade was forever their magnum opus don't front.

Anyway, I hope this is something I'll enjoy. Every time a band teases and it ends up being a vinyl release or a small tour where the nearest show is like 20 hours away I die inside

Jason Tate and SpyKi like this.
  19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Danger Days is a grower and you should appreciate it for what it is.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  20. SpyKi

Every album they ever put out is a masterpiece.

21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Hoping for some more concrete news soon!

22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I am very surprised there are Danger Days apologists.

tommymcphail likes this.
  23. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I think hold Danger Days in the same regard as Black Parade, they've both have got a couple of exceptional songs, a handful of great songs on them with the others being just good. Then I rank Three Cheers way above both with it being flawless from start to finish.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

If I had a gun to my head I'd go:

1A. Three Cheers
    1B. Black Parade
    2. Danger Days
    3. Bullets - the production on Bullets is just too raw and garage sounding for me (although Demolition Lovers is probably my all-time fave MCR song).

25. SpyKi

I'd say The Black Parade is flawless from start to finish other than "Teenagers" which is still great. Danger Days is mostly great although nothing on it hits the highs of the first three for me.

MoviePoopShoot.com likes this.