Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance Announce New Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 29, 2020.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

Is it really that different from some other major arena tours? Twenty One Pilots tickets were a bit cheaper. This is directly in line with Billie Eilish’s tour. And I paid about the same for The 1975 at Red Rocks just last week

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Premium seats for arena shows are no longer going to be below three figures. There's just too much money to be made and too much risk that if you leave it on the table, the secondary market will gobble it up.

heymattrick likes this.
  3. heymattrick

Sending my love

Exactly. Shows are getting more expensive, and that trend is only going to continue.

4. somethingwitty

Trusted

Which continues to make festival tickets look like the right way to go. You can get a 3 day pass to Riot Fest for the same price as a floor seat at a MCR headline show.

Why would you pay that money for a stale arena environment when a festival show will usually provide a better atmosphere and more energetic crowd.

5. Jackbo487

Regular

do we know the ticket price range for Los Angeles? I hate how you can't find prices before Ticketmaster on sales ....

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

For me, festival crowds can go both ways. MCR is one of my favorite bands, and the crowd at a festival MCR set is going to be very different than a headliner. At the headliner, you’re getting full production, a longer set, and you’re surrounded by other hardcore MCR fans. At a festival, it can be a fun environment but you’re surrounded by more casual fans. People that don’t know the songs outside of the big hits. Not to mention the set is probably a little shorter and possibly with reduced production.

7. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think the range for most shows was $59-$199. I’m guessing LA could be a little more expensive than other cities.

Jackbo487 likes this.
  8. battlingaheavyheart

searching for a former clarity

Not looking forward to buying tickets for this tmrw... Ticketmaster website gives me so much anxiety.

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

The small GA pits (meaning limited quantity) gives me anxiety.

Brent and battlingaheavyheart like this.