Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

My Chemical Romance’s ‘Danger Days’ Goes Gold

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Congrats, run record

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Kind of surprised this only just happened.

4. Loki

God of mischief

Super surprised this wasn't already gold. I still cannot understand why this record got the lukewarm reaction that it did.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Favorite record of theirs by far (please don't kill me, internet).

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think that's actually becoming not necessarily the majority opinion, but a pretty common opinion. I agree with you. This album is a lot like Folie A Deux in that the fan base's opinion of it has really seemed to warm up over time.

7. Well deserved. Still my favorite MCR record.

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

im surprised it didn't surpass that soon after release if only due to name recognition but that record still does absolutely nothing for me

9. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Also surprised it didn’t go gold upon release but 2010 was a weird year for music sales

10. CMilliken

Trusted

That album was ahead of its time. Took time to grow on fans. Probably my favorite of theirs.

AndrewSoup and Bryan Diem like this.
  11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

It's always seemed to me that this record is why bands like FOB, Panic, and Paramore and the like are making the music they are right now. Embracing the pop elements that have always been present while taking huge experimental risks. While this is their worst record, it's still awesome and I've always really, really liked it.

CMilliken likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

our MCR brackets made this happen. Brackets4LIFE!

13. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

nice.

yeah, i really liked the record when it came out. i feel like it's understandable why it got a more lukewarm reaction back during it's release tho; they just came off Black Parade. this whole style/vision was a bit of a departure from the previous album cycle

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  14. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I think this is probably my favorite record they released, and I think their Powerman 5000 outfits were pretty cool.

15. moura

Regular

*And the one song on the record that had a melody sounded eerily similar to Powerman 5000’s “When Worlds Collide” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kpatrickwood likes this.
  16. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Hahahahahhaah... it really did.

moura likes this.
  17. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Really important record to me.