Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Fox83

Trusted

Nice cover.

alkalinexandy and 333 GANG like this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Any talks of a new album?

3. Fox83

Trusted

:-O

At the :45 sec mark, Mike says they're putting the finishing touches on Album No. 11!

alkalinexandy and .K. like this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

The stuff they released during lockdown was good.

5. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the lockdown singles more than anything on their last album...they had the kind of hooks/melodies that I felt were missing from the self-titled.

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Let’s Ride may be my favourite MxPx song ever now, but yeah, the singles during lockdown are pretty cool and I wasn’t sure if they were part of an album or one offs, so I’m glad to see they are working on something as a record.

7. Fox83

Trusted

More pressings of TEPM, Buffalo, and LIG.

Also, I don't recognize the song playing during this video. Maybe a new song?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. Fox83

Trusted

Oh, I guess there IS a new song out there. lol

.K. likes this.
  9. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Dang no BEAA...yet. Hopefully at some point.

Fox83 likes this.
  10. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Dude just dropped off his kids at school lol

Fox83 likes this.
  11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Ever passing!!! Yesssss

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This is fantastic news for anyone who missed out on a boxed set!

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Assuming it drops on all other platforms at midnight tonight. Likely the lead single for the new album. Gonna keep an eye on the app today to see if I can catch it... There's usually a quick clip of the band talking about the song when they do premieres like this.

Man, this band is having a super successful 3rd act of their career. They're just as popular now than they ever have been, and for my money, creating music that is 100% on par with their previous peaks. Love to see it.

Fox83 and .K. like this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I really enjoyed the sound of their last record (particularly Let’s Ride) and their lock down new singles (and Ataris cover). Curious and optimistic that it’ll keep rolling into their next record.

15. cristiangm.dg

Musician/Designer

The band has been very quiet this year... A single for a new album would be awesome, but "Unstoppable" is not a new song, it's a cover from a band called "The Planet Smashers".

.K. and Fox83 like this.
  16. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

That...that is an odd choice.

Fox83 likes this.
  17. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Also why not promote it as a cover? Comes off like "here's our new song!"

Fox83 likes this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Turns out, Mike hopped on-stage with them to sing it back in September... And apparently it's his favorite song of theirs. So not all that weird, I guess. Kinda fun, TBH.

Fox83 likes this.
  19. Fox83

Trusted

Premieres at 12am ET

.K. likes this.
  20. Fox83

Trusted

This actually sounds like a melody that Mike would write too.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  21. Fox83

Trusted

.K. and alkalinexandy like this.
  22. razorburn

Trusted

Fox83 likes this.
  23. Fox83

Trusted

Kind of bummed there aren't any songs from BEAA but looking forward to watching this.

24. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I caught a bit last night as I was falling asleep. I swear I remember them playing Play It Loud. But it’s not on the setlist on setlist.fm. I won’t be able to watch the whole thing til next week. If you watch it soon, can you tell me if I dreamed Play That Sound? Haha

Fox83 likes this.
  25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Oops, I figured it out. It looks like they played a handful of songs on the 22nd and did play Play It Loud. It must have gone to the previous stream after I fell asleep and woke up when that started before turning my phone off.

Fox83 likes this.