Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. The last two minutes were the toughest for me haha. That was straight up out of The Office or something

Dog Fish likes this.
  2. I must have stopped the video, but yeah, you're totally right. The last two minutes is straight up Christian Spinal Tap. The look on the shirtless kid's face when the blonde dude was like "Did they ever claim to be a Christian band? Then why are you sitting here on MTV saying they were?" haha amazing.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Wow, that argument at the end...

4. Fox83

Trusted

My initial reaction was cringing during that part, but (and maybe I'm crazy here...) I sort of settled into the moment thinking that their approach would be a welcome one in today's climate. I get that they're more concerned with their division/disagreement internally, amongst their own and whatnot, but the whole "anger is not the answer" anti-hate sentiment is one I'd appreciate a hell of a lot more than a lot of these hardcore religious people yelling at 16-year-old cashiers asking them to wear a mask. It might just be the girl in this video though - I wouldn't be surprised if she grew up to be really tolerant of other people, and it's quite possible she's been to a lot of Phish concerts over the last 20+ years since. lol

5. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone here been capturing the audio from their livestreams? They've been playing some deep cuts and I'd love to listen back to them...if the band ever sold audio versions of these shows, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

6. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

Anybody have an update on the box set? The original announcement said target ship date of June but with the way most releases have gone I'm just hoping by the end of the year

7. cyclones_37

Well here's the update, likely September at the earliest...

upload_2021-6-25_15-33-0.png

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Any mention of what they are doing with the new singles/working on a new album?

9. Fox83

Trusted

New song preview (full song releases Friday).

.K. likes this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, i'm pretty excited about this. Self-titled is so good.

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve really liked all 3 of the songs they’ve released in the last year+. Hope the streak continues. Looking forward to hearing the full track.

12. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Wow...this appears to be a re-recording of a BEAA bside:

13. strummer

Great melody but I hope Mike has made some lyrical changes similar to what he's done with "Everything Sucks". That line about coffee breath needs to go. Sounds like a filler line on a demo recording.

mmhmm likes this.
  14. strummer

New song is up and so catchy. Almost sounds like a Five Iron Frenzy jam with the horns.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  15. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Great song, love the Rivals feature. They’ve been on such a solid kick with these singles.

strummer likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Not bad. Might be my least favorite out of all the singles released over the last year.

Still listen to Worries quite a bit.

.K. likes this.
  17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I feels like a bside to the album the 3 singles could be on some day or a song on a soundtrack to a 2000’s high school teen comedy. Not a bad song though even though I’d put it at the bottom of the the 4 releases. Maybe because it was a reworked track. Like having these singles to look forward to though.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  18. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

It was a reworked track

19. cyclones_37

Just got my shipping notice for the box set, did not expect to see this for another month

20. Box set shipped! 4 days yooo

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. It’s here!

I’ll do a full unboxing on my instagram tomorrow.

image.jpg

22. It’s so pretty.

23. strummer

Not sure if I should watch or wait until my own arrives. Problem is I'm in Korea until June and it's shipping to Canada. :S

24. strummer

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Love the new Xmas song. I also want to mention that these guys still have the best merch store.

bought a ticket to the live stream. Really want that Xmas sweater too but it’s a lot of mula.