Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

More than a lot of their peers, I think MxPx have been able to keep the tempo up and write catchy songs. So those last three albums hold up super well as a result.

And that self-titled record is so fucking good. I didn't expect it to be as good as it is... I still listen to it regularly too, and am really bummed I haven't been able to see them live since it's release because those songs are going to be super fun to sing along to!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Deluxe version out now everyone

alkalinexandy and Kuri44 like this.
  3. cristiangm.dg

Musician/Designer

MxPx's new song "Worries" is up on YouTube! :explode:

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That was awesome!

5. Happy 22nd birthday to Slowly Going the Way of the Buffalo

6. Good morning to nobody except for the drum fills in the chorus of Tomorrow’s Another Day only

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It blows my mind how young that band still is versus how long they've been in the larger pop-punk zeitgeist. And they're on what I would consider to be the 4th act of their career, just as popular as ever (with the possible exception of their '98-'01 run).

But this record is one that I always come back to. When I went through a pretty major break-up back in 2017, this was one of like five records that I listened to on a daily basis to get me through it. The context of that situation led the lyrics on that record to take on a completely different meaning.

There aren't a lot of records that connect differently, but just as well as they did when I was like, 16.

8. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

I remember being so stoked to buy it at the christian bookstore the day it came out.

9. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Anyone know if the upcoming stream will be available for replay?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

The answer to this is: yes it will be.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  11. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Does anyone have a copy of the 12/23 live stream they’d be willing to trade? I have a few other MxPx ones along with SOTY and UØ.

12. razorburn

Trusted

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. Was hoping there’d be an option to purchase individually, but it’s not looking like it. Really only want Buffalo, hah

Snoblin likes this.
  14. yeah, i only really want 2 of those. solid box set though, if you're into all that.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

They'll be available individually. Not interested in the box set, personally. If you're super into MxPx, then you own all the original pressings already. Gimme BEAA on vinyl though. Here for that.

16. allastud

Regular

Source for the individual availability?

17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Their IG says no individual availability. I really want TEPM.

18. Alright so far, we have one for Buffalo, one for Before Everything, and one for Ever Passing. We just need to fill out the other others and then go splitsies, yeah??

mmhmm likes this.
  19. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Multiple sources behind the scenes. This has all been in development for years.

Of course it does lol. They want to sell box sets.

allastud likes this.
  20. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

$350!

21. Were you ever able to find the livestream copies? I'm also now looking and curious if anyone saved them.

22. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

All I would want out of this is LIG and Buffalo

I hope they do individual releases later

23. razorburn

Trusted

Well, this was uncomfortable/hilarious.

bradsonemanband and Dog Fish like this.
  24. Dog Fish

Mutt

Can we please start a kickstarter for a "where are they now" for everyone in this?

25. The first half of that was especially hard to watch haha