Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's on YouTube now, check the homepage

Fox83 likes this.
  2. Fox83

Trusted

Yea. I saw that. I wanted a digital copy. I figured out what to do though...

3. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

I went to that tour, yeah... it was a weird lineup... vendetta red was the opener - then brand new, mxpx, dashboard. mxpx was great and they got a good reception from the crowd, but they were the odd man out on that bill for sure!

4. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

Oh bummer, I didn't realize it was a one day only thing!

5. cristiangm.dg

Musician/Designer

They just released a free song in their newsletter. I think it's a decent song, reminds me of "Plans Within Plans", maybe not at the top of their game, but decent though.

song

On topic: anyone have seen the "Left Coast Live" DVD? I know it was released back in May only for the backers, but there is no information online about it. I wish this band get more promotion once again.

6. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Hi Strangers. Tonight Mike & family are on the new episode of Fixer Upper on HGTV!

7. Trio182

Mxpx up to almost 150,000 on the kick starter!!

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Holy bonkers that’s great

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

A few tour dates are coming next week.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Mikeydude91

New MXPX is a straight banger

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. Love it!

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New song is so refreshing. I’m really liking it!

13. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Yeah, it's pretty good.

14. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

:heart::heart::heart:

15. Jake Z

Regular

Great song. Haven't been on here in awhile are they doing a full album?

16. jordanjohnson09

Regular

looks like "rolling strong" is a new one up on spotify

17. Mike Herrera of MxPx (Encore Episode 158) • chorus.fm
    As some of you may know, I started AbsolutePunk.net over 15 years ago as an MxPx and Blink-182 fan-page. Those were the first two bands I truly loved. They shaped my entire music taste and starting that website changed my life. I wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for those bands and those albums. Listening to “Doing Time” as a teenager gave me hope. Discovering pop-punk music and the community around it made me feel like I belonged to something special. Small, right outside of the mainstream, but undeniably special. The music was unlike anything I was listening to at the time and hit me right when I needed it most.

Last week MxPx released their new, self-titled, album. It’s their first album since 2012. Today, I’m excited to debut a new episode of Encore featuring lead singer Mike Herrera. This episode is a joint episode with Mike’s podcast, “The Mike Herrera Podcast,” which I also recommend subscribing to and checking out. In this episode we go deep on the new album. We talk about the recording process, the inspiration behind the songs, and then I walk through each song with Mike and get his thoughts on different aspects. I share some thoughts too, but mostly I was trying to get at what made this album feel so fresh, and yet so wholly MxPx, here in 2018.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  18. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

So I just started listening to the podcast... had to do a major double take when I saw Jason Tate as a guest. Lmao. Crazy

But I have to say idk if I'm totally feeling it. Honestly, mike's not that great of a host. At least, hes not that great of an interviewer. He jumps around a lot and goes off on tangents which can be fun but then we lose track of the stories.

Like I listened to the tsunami bomb Emily interview and there's like a billion questions I wanted to hear...especially about the breakup, which she eluded to being a lot more interesting than I though... but the topic got dropped.

Idk it's very close to being what I want... a behind the scenes look at punk life from a business and personal point of view... but its falling short

19. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Slowly Going The Way Of The Buffalo is the best MxPx album.

Go ahead and change my mind.

20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Ever Passing Moment easily my number 1

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Since we're ranking/rating albums now:

1.) Slowly Going The Way Of The Buffalo
    2.) Life In General
    3.) The Ever Passing Moment
    4.) MxPx
    5.) Plans Within Plans
    6.) Panic
    7.) Secret Weapon
    8.) Before Everything & After
    9.) Teenage Politics
    10.) Pokinatcha

All of these albums have highlights, but the last few in this list are truly just a few "good" songs with a mess of filler.

And I'll be as bold to say that the first four in my list are super strong, near-perfect pop-punk records (for what they are/what the band was trying to achieve) from front to back.

Snoblin likes this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

23. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Life in General is #1

24. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Slowly Going The Way of The Buffalo got me into pop punk. My first love was NFG because of how fun they were. MXPX hit me on another level because their songs had meaning. Started me on a long long emo pop-punk journey that I'm still traveling on.

Before Everything and After was almost bubble gum pop, but I played the hell out that CD. Can't really pick between these two.

MxPx really kicks ass, phenomenal after all these years.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The second half of this band's career is what I actually like most. I listen to Secret Weapon, Plans Within Plans, and MXPX regularly.

However, these guys are one the first, if not the first punk band I listened to where I actually connected with the lyrics on a personal level rather than listening to punk bands, like Bad Religion and Rise Against, who basically taught me how to look at the world a different way. Damn, Punk is still my favorite genre haha.