Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

MxPx is an American punk rock band from Bremerton, Washington founded in 1992 as Magnified Plaid. The band has skate punk and pop punk leanings, with connections to the pop punk scene. Current members include Mike Herrera on lead vocals and bass, Tom Wisniewski on guitar and backing vocals, and Yuri Ruley on drums.

2. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

When the hell is that live dvd coming out that was supposed to be out in December?! Some of those pre-order packages were mighty expensive, so I hope it's out soon.

Anyways - mxpx is my favorite or second favorite band of all time - I met my wife because of them; so they're basically responsible for my son being alive. I hope they tour the South East again, soon.

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Their albums are kinda hit or miss for me. I love Slowly Going the Way of the Buffalo, Life in General, and The Ever Passing Moment but their last several releases in general haven't done much for me.

4. suburban myth

Those are absolutely their three best - but you weren't into Plans Within Plans? I thought it was their best stuff since the renaissance EP!

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't remember latching onto it really. I'll give it another try.

suburban myth likes this.
  6. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

It amazes me that the live show has been delayed for this long

7. suburban myth

Yeah, I'll admit I haven't watched the last couple update videos from Mike, but I've started to lose interest.

8. cristiangm.dg

Musician/Designer

I know this videos were uploaded 3 weeks ago, but they seems like a good preview for the DVD... Nice crowd!

9. Jake Z

Regular

Love this band. Just got through playing Life In General. Classic.

10. Fox83

Trusted

Almost the exact same situation with me. I introduced a girl to their most recent record at the time, Before Everything and After, thinking it would be a good pop record to ease her into their catalog. Meanwhile, she was pushing Bleed American into my regular listening. We got married six years later. I owe that band a lot for a number of reasons. Life In General catapulted my interest in punk rock. I'll always check out whatever they release.

11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Life In General and Teenage Politics are two of my favorites. So many great memories.

12. suburban myth

That's awesome to read!

Fox83 likes this.
  13. HueyLewis May 21, 2016
    (Last edited: May 22, 2016)
    HueyLewis

Regular

I actually really like Plans Within Plans. Panic also has a few of my favorite songs by them.

Heard that Sound and Quit your Life will be stuck in my head for days after hearing them.

14. suburban myth

Plans Within Plans was their best output since the Renessaince EP, to me. If it ends up being their last album, I think they will have gone out on top.

HueyLewis likes this.
  15. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Did anyone buy the live concert movie? Mike mentioned that it's been sent to those who pre-ordered. I never pre-ordered but would like to purchase as soon as it's available.

16. suburban myth

I pre ordered it & already got it, yeah. The sound quality is very good... BUT the crowd is WAY too loud - it ruins a ton of the moments that should have been really enjoyable. Intros to songs are difficult to hear because all you can hear is the crowd clapping or singing (the guitar intro to im ok, you're ok is impossible to make out) and it really kills any momentum the songs carry from one to the next, unfortunately - the crowd participation part on middlename is so overly loud that when the band cuts back in, they sound quieter than the crowd. I haven't watched the actual video of it yet, but that's my take on the MP3s.

17. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Aw that doesn't sound good. I still want to buy it once it's available

18. suburban myth

Oh I def think you still should and support the band. It's very well done - it just sucks that they didn't turn down the volume of the crowd because it's a big negative :/

19. suburban myth

If you head over to mxpx.com, you can download a RE-RCORDED version of life in general for FREE! So far, very good!

20. Fucking awesome

21. trevorshmevor Sep 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2016)
    Plans Within Plans is a very underrated release by this band. Much better than Secret Weapon, Panic, and Before Everything & After -- and I like a couple of those enough too. It's probably my second favorite under Slowly Going.

a nice person and suburban myth like this.
  22. suburban myth

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

God damn, the new version is sick.

a nice person likes this.
  24. Fox83

Trusted

I guess you can't anymore. Nowhere to be found... :sly:

25. Trio182

Did anyone go the Mxpx Brand New tour back in the day? Bet that was a diverse crowd... Wasnt Dashboard also on it?

Mxpx is underrated big time.. One of my favorite bands ever..