Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Vinyl Box Set: Now Live

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. WasteSomeTime

Regular

So tempting just can't justify spending 365 right now on it

IATAvalanche likes this.
  3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I put most of my stimmy in savings and then bought this ridiculous thing. I was going to upgrade my turntable but this is such a limited opportunity...

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I literally was like oh shipping is only 13 bucks I can afford it.

BradBradley likes this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

So stoked for this! Glad I was able to score a copy. I'm particularly excited about finally having Buffalo and Everpassing Moment in this format.

Foshodude and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

If anybody wants a 7-album mxpx box set of their first 2 and last 5 albums for the cool price of $250 let me know

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Have you given the latest one a shot? It's really, really well done and gives me the vibes that the middle three you're referencing gave me when I first heard them (but, y'know, as an adult).

8. CampfireColorado

Regular

LOL. But for real the newest album is excellent.

Allthegiganticthings likes this.
  9. losingawholeyear

Newbie Supporter

Wow, how fast did that sell out??

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It wasn't instantaneous, but it was definitely pretty quick.

I never know with MxPx whether or not they'll announce a second pressing, or if they're going to wait a month or so and announce that they'll be selling each record individually.

blink180ryan likes this.
  11. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

They said they had no plans to. I would be pissed to drop this amount of dough for them to announce individual pressings within like 2 years. But I'd also be happy for other people to get the ones they want.

12. My stimmy birthday gift to myself.

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well, if they say they don't have any plans too? I bet they'll stick to that unless the demand is wholly overwhelming. And making it a different pressing could justify that down the line.

I kinda wish they had done the boxed set as well as a different, individual pressing for each record that could be bought individually. Just out of fairness for folks like you who might only want one or two.

But I can also say, that as a person who has been slowly trying to collect some of these records over the years? The price of this set is incredibly fair compared to demand. I haven't seen Buffalo or Life in General for sale on Discogs for cheaper than like, $150. Everpassing Moment is more affordable, but still pricey (~$50).

So yeah, I'm happy with the purchase but I do kinda wish others ha an opportunity for single album purchases.

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

It's already sold out lmao

15. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Oh yeah. I’ve had an alarm set since it was announced lol.

ALT/MSC/FAN and Jason Tate like this.
  16. WasteSomeTime

Regular

See I hope they do put them out individually because I only wanted probably 4 of the records and that was not worth the $365

blink180ryan likes this.
  17. gbuffers

England.

Just couldn’t justify it after buying a new house! We didn’t get any stimulus money over here haha.

I would think the crazy demand for this will inspire them to do individual releases within the year if they have / can get the rights to release more. It’s good business sense.

blink180ryan likes this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I would definitely buy Panic in a heartbeat if they split the set up.

Foshodude likes this.
  19. thecobrakais

Regular

purchased without hesitation.

20. nsgob22

Newbie Supporter

I am glad to see the demand is there.
    Being from Seattle I have seen MXPX in so many different environments with different crowd enthusiasm. I can never tell how big of a fan base they have.
    The select shows instead of full tours have seemed to rejuvenate them!

21. Foshodude

I like cryptozoology, music, and stuff. Supporter

I have 2 copies of Panic and an OG Life in General pressing. I picked up a box set today, and would be happy to sell them for a fair price. I honestly have no clue what they're worth.

22. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Was hoping it would be a little less. But even still it’s cheaper that four of the original pressings I don’t have. And it has an album that’s never been pressed (BEAA). Had to get it and can’t wait to fill those holes! And also hoping this set brings down those original pressing prices in case I still decide to go for those!

23. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I’ve seen OG LIG go for $150.

Foshodude likes this.
  24. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Foshodude likes this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This sold out quick. Good for them and well deserved!