Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Release New Self-Titled Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

MxPx are back with their 10th full length studio album and it’s available today. You can find the record on Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, Amazon, YouTube, or wherever you stream your music. Vinyl and CDs can be bought directly from the band themselves at MxPx.com.

“We did this one ourselves, the way we wanted — this is MxPx. We finally got it right. Enjoy the record.” – Lead singer Mike Herrera

Our thanks to MxPx for sponsoring Chorus this week. More information about sponsored posts and purchasing advertisements on this website can be found here.

2. theredline

Trusted Supporter

It’s really good.

AlwaysEvolving21 and Jason Tate like this.
  3. Right? I think it's their best in a while. It has this great energy to it, feels youthful, and like a throwback without feeling like just mining the same material.

4. Dog Fish

Mutt

Songs > album art. So so good though.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

They have a lot of really cool stuff in their merch store. Just picked up a couple things.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

Gonna make the 4 hr drive to see em in Seattle this Fri. Would've liked another support act but Zebrahead is awesome

Fox83 and Jason Tate like this.
  7. LCT Music

Newbie Supporter

I didn’t know I was missing this. It’s so refreshing to listen to some straight up pop punk, and done the way the band wanted too. I’m loving it

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I love the album art, personally. Album is great, best since The Ever Passing Moment for me

9. theredline

Trusted Supporter

For real. I’ve been an MxPx fan for 20+ years and I feel like they’ve come close to making the record that fully encapsulated the best parts of what they do a few times. I feel like Buffalo came closest. And some of the EPs. It took 26 years but I think they did it!

Oh and they swore. (That’s sarcasm!)

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Honestly I was fully expecting this to be somewhere between okay & good... And I was wrong, it's really good.

11. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

My favorite collection of songs they've put on one album since Ever Passing Moment...every song has a different feel without feeling repetitive. Friday Tonight is my early favorite...

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Looking forward to checking this out. I'm curious as to where the non mainstream pop-punk bands fit in these days. They probably aren't having promoters banging down their doors for tours and I'm not sure what amount of fanbase is still left. Hopefully they're still making a living doing various things outside of MxPx.

13. Tom and Yuri have other jobs, Mike has a crap ton of projects he does too. And, the fans they have are very diehard: Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 11.48.30 AM.png

Recent shows they've announced are selling out. Stay tuned for more on tours/status of the band and what they see their roll/future as in the near future. They're very happy with what the band is right now.

theredline likes this.
  14. Let's Ride is so good.

Jake Z and Jason Tate like this.
  15. Jake Z

Regular

Such a great album, and Lets Ride is is my fav also. Love the artwork too. To echo Jason, it feels fresh but also just makes you feel that 90's skate punk vibe all at the same time. Side note-its beyond awesome to see the support they got on that pledge.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

It really good too

17. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I gave them way to much money and I don’t even care.