Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Release New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

MxPx’s new self-titled album will be available on streaming services tonight at midnight. The band just performed the album on YouTube and announced it’s in all Kickstarter backers emails right now.

Raku and moosic like this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

What?! How did I not know this would be out today and that they played that? I'm pumped now. New running music for me.

Larry David likes this.
  3. Haha, cause you didn't check the supporter forum this morning!? ;-p

Enjoy!

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Great way to end the day. :ok:

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Whoa whaaaaat

Larry David likes this.
  6. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Fun little story: Eight years ago, I befriended a couple of college kids on a first not-even-really-a-date in line at an Anberlin show. Last weekend, I attended their wedding, where Mike from MxPx was in attendance and played all their first dances, followed by a full acoustic set that included multiple cuts off the new album. I also learned that circle pits are way more fun on wedding dance floors. Main point being, stoked to hear the full band versions!

7. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

That's ace! I saw Mike's photos - looked like a good time

DandonTRJ and Larry David like this.
  8. Mikeydude91

This album is amazing . Great way to start my day.

Raku and Larry David like this.
  9. moosic

Hear hear!

Love it!

10. josh.hofer

great stuff, this was a nice surprise!

11. sweet

12. CampfireColorado

Regular

and it rules. pretty sure that's a Friday reference in there?

13. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Larry David likes this.
  14. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

This album rips!

15. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This is way better than I expected, and I had fairly high expectations with the whole band back again. Way to go, guys.

Raku likes this.
  16. Again, casual MxPx fan - wouldn't even say fan as I've never listened to a record but i have liked songs on comps/ soundtracks/ playlists. This rips. Watching the stream before digging into the record. I wish blink had sounded this fresh on CA :seeno:

alkalinexandy likes this.
  17. Fox83

Trusted

Oh wow. I kept wondering what the actual release date was. AltPress mentioned July in an article awhile ago and I never saw another update confirming this. Strange to just drop it without mentioning the date prior, but I'm happy about this.

Raku likes this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm really stoked on this. It's fast, upbeat, and catchy. Their best music in over a decade. Secret Weapon and Plans Within Plans both had a few great cuts but... For the most part the songs weren't very memorable.

On second listen, every single song here is memorable (and different enough that it doesn't feel like they're bleeding together) with at least one part that really stands out.

This is an MxPx album for MxPx fans, though. Won't change anybody's minds about the band. Haha.

Raku likes this.
  19. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Solid MxPx album.

Raku likes this.
  20. noKings

Regular

Just saw this on Spotify let's goooooo

Raku likes this.
  21. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

It was a fabulous time! And they paid tribute to my roots with them by putting me at a table with this centerpiece:

[​IMG]

josh.hofer and Jason Tate like this.
  22. theredline

Trusted Supporter

So good.

Raku likes this.