Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx - MxPx (July 25, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Larry David, Mar 30, 2018.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Uptown Streets is my current favorite. It’s a fun song with that sweet Tom Petty-esque vibe and classic rock guitar riff. I love when the vocal harmony kicks in at 37 seconds too.

Liking this album more and more.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

this is a total blast! doesn't really reach the highs for me of much of the older stuff, but it's extremely consistent. let's ride, life goals, disaster ... lots of highlights here!

now i'm listening to slowly going the way of the buffalo because that album is a masterpiece.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. schackbr

Regular

Sooooo. I was an absolutely MASSIVE fan of this band up until about 2001 probably. After The Renaissance EP, I just couldn't get into anything. I've always given each release a fair listen. I thought the Life In General 2.0 release was silly.

With all that being said, this record is AWESOME. It's just a ton of feel good jams and a throwback without trying. I really do enjoy it. Totally impressed.

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Panic is probably their most underrated album.

Kuri44 likes this.
  5. Mike Herrera of MxPx (Encore Episode 158) • chorus.fm
    As some of you may know, I started AbsolutePunk.net over 15 years ago as an MxPx and Blink-182 fan-page. Those were the first two bands I truly loved. They shaped my entire music taste and starting that website changed my life. I wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for those bands and those albums. Listening to “Doing Time” as a teenager gave me hope. Discovering pop-punk music and the community around it made me feel like I belonged to something special. Small, right outside of the mainstream, but undeniably special. The music was unlike anything I was listening to at the time and hit me right when I needed it most.

Last week MxPx released their new, self-titled, album. It’s their first album since 2012. Today, I’m excited to debut a new episode of Encore featuring lead singer Mike Herrera. This episode is a joint episode with Mike’s podcast, “The Mike Herrera Podcast,” which I also recommend subscribing to and checking out. In this episode we go deep on the new album. We talk about the recording process, the inspiration behind the songs, and then I walk through each song with Mike and get his thoughts on different aspects. I share some thoughts too, but mostly I was trying to get at what made this album feel so fresh, and yet so wholly MxPx, here in 2018.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dude, hell yes!

Larry David, FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  7. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Well this podcast is gonna make my commute home so much better today :heart:

8. Album of my summer.

9. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

This album is tons and tons of fun. I loved mxpx back in the day but was kind of expecting to be "over this" and I can't get enough. Glad they went in this direction, it suits them. Can't wait to listen to it again and again.

Who knew, 2018 I'd be rocking MxPx, Senses Fail, Fall Out Boy, Panic and looking forward to the new Good Charlotte.

Larry David, FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  10. This has been getting a ton of plays from me.

11. New EP just dropped out of nowhere!

12. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Just what I needed today, solid little batch of tunes

Larry David and awakeohsleeper like this.
  13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

They released their second batch of beer this week as well, called Best Life. How ‘bout that! Planning on scouting out a few cans on Friday.

Larry David and Jason Tate like this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Every month or two I do discography dives of bands that I like.

I’ve been listening to their recent albuma lot still, and want to know what everyone favourite album is and song on that record. I first heard this band back when Life In General came out, but I don’t have every record and EP so I’m sure I missed something.

15. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

I have no idea what my favorite record by MxPx would even be haha. But from this newest record, "Let's Ride" continues to give me the goosebumps when I hear it. The energy and feeling behind that song just hits me every time.

Also, since the album is one of the few that I have on my phone, "All Of It" automatically comes on every time I start my car, so that one gets jammed in my head very frequently because of that haha

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been listening to Let’s Ride a lot since it came out. I think that video, and all the videos have been kind of fun.

17. Eva89

Trusted Supporter

Entire record is great, still listen to it a lot!

18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I do too. More than I would have guessed which is kind of nice. There are some albums they released that I don’t really think I gave a fair shot to and don’t really have an opinion on. I guess that’s why I’m curious.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Been listening to this album a lot the last few days. Still so damn good.

20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I listened to the recent Labeled podcast about MxPx and Tooth & Nail. It was quite interesting and (probably to my shame) I'm not familiar with most of the work of this band.

aspeedomodel likes this.
    Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Deluxe version out now everyone

23. Kuri44

Been spinning this record a lot recently. I think I like it even more now than I did when it came out

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  24. Dog Fish

Mutt

Quick story share about Before Everything and After:

I only got into MxPx because some kid named Adam had written "mxpx is the coolest" in sharpie on his green binder. Found the 10 years and running album and loved it. Shortly after, that Pepsi commercial aired with Well Adjusted. A new kid named Brendan just moved to our school and said he could burn the album for me. I was so excited. But the next day, he said he forgot it and promised he'd bring it the next day. But then, he "forgot" again. This went on for a fucking week. He then gave me his number so I could remind him while he was at home. When I called him he put it in his backpack over the phone.

When I put it in my portable cd player the next day at school, it didn't work. Threw it into my computer at home and it was a data cd with no music.

I just went to walmart and bought the record. But still, fuck you Brendan. Weird little liar.

Penlab and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The Diet Pepsi Super Bowl commercial blew my mind in 2003. A new MxPx song!?

cyclones_37 likes this.