Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx - MxPx (July 25, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Larry David, Mar 30, 2018.

1. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Well this is a great surprise! Going to blast this one at work tomorrow!!!

DeRRek likes this.
  2. About to pour a whiskey drink and see what’s good with MxPx in 2018

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Holy shit! Can’t wait to check this out tomorrow

Self titled album this deep into their career is pretty interesting

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Must be midnight EST that it went up, because it’s available now.

KidLightning likes this.
  5. DeRRek

Trusted

Woke up to new mxpx album. Will be getting spinned all day at work today

KidLightning and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Four tracks in and this is a lot of fun!

I would have never expected to hear Mike Herrera quote the movie Friday in a song.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Agreed, but their 10th album seems like a fitting time to do it!

KidLightning likes this.
  8. Larry David

Thread title changed!

KidLightning likes this.
  9. Larry David

I’m honestly not sure if I’ve shared this story on here or AbsolutePunk, so if I have and you’ve already read it I apologize. Today seems like a fitting day for me to share this with you all for the first (hopefully) time. My cousin Sarah was brutally murdered by her estranged husband in 2007. I got the call late on a Sunday night (while I was watching Curb oddly enough) and have been trying to pick up the pieces ever since.

As some of you may or may not know my cousin Sarah was like a best friend to me. We were the same age, went to the same school, and were sometimes inseparable. There are a few bands that will always hold a huge place in my heart because we’d always listen to them: Goo Goo Dolls, The Starting Line, Less Than Jake, New Found Glory, and MxPx. MxPx was a band that we’d see together every time that they’d come anywhere remotely close to us. When my family moved back to NY from St. Louis, they came to help us move, and we listened to The Ever Passing Moment on repeat simultaneously through our Disc-man's for the entire 15 hour drive. It’s a moment I’ll never forget. I saw Mike play a solo set at Warped Tour 2014, and he was asking for requests. I instantly yelled out for "Buildings Tumble" which was our favorite song on the record, and it was such a bittersweet happy/sad overwhelming moment, that I'm glad I have captured on video. One of my favorite gifts I ever received from her was a black coffee cup with the MxPx logo in dark red lettering, I used it daily. My ex was doing dishes one day and she broke it doing dishes, and it took everything in me, not to have a complete breakdown. I felt like that was all I had left of her. It was so close to when everything had happened. Luckily, to this day listening to Mxpx, and the other bands listed have always helped me hold a piece of her close to my heart. This release day I’ll think of her, and know somehow, someway she’s listening with me.

10. Larry David

Also, the record is fucking great. I got chills at the end of "Moments Like This"

KidLightning likes this.
  11. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

:heart:

Larry David likes this.
  12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Is this the first MxPx album to have explicit content? I'm really enjoying this record.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Great comeback album. It's in your face the entire 30 minutes. Jammed to it during my morning run.

Larry David and KidLightning like this.
  14. This is a blast. Life Goals is eeeeeeverything

Larry David and KidLightning like this.
  15. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

The bridge (I think, I’ve only listened once) of that song reminded me of Alkaline Trio, specifically something Dan would sing.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. jorbjorb

7 rings

fuck yes

Larry David and Jason Tate like this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

Wow was not expecting it to be this good.

18. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

30 minutes of glorious uptempo pop-punk, ahhhh perfect for this heat wave.

Admittedly, it makes me giggle to see “explicit” tags on songs that say “big-ass” and “goddamn,” but I imagine there’s a few old-school fans who may be a little :embarrassed: upon hearing them lol

19. “Freezing balls”

20. This is fun.

Larry David and Jason Tate like this.
  21. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Man, this is a great album.

Larry David likes this.
  22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Digging this, the songs are more instantly memorable than their last few albums

Plus I like that they brought back their mascot punk dude

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like that they name drop Simple Plan and Bad Religion in the same song.

24. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Getting a real strong Less Than Jake - Hello Rockview vibe from Rolling Strong

trevorshmevor and Jason Tate like this.
  25. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Casual MXPX fan. LOVE this album.

Jason Tate likes this.