Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Launch Kickstarter for New Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Trio182

Up to $130,000

Crazy! I love MXPX

2. failinginplace

Regular

ah ok rad. missed that bit of info, thanks for updating me. pumped as hell for this new album

theredline likes this.
  3. Trio182

Sneaking up on 150,000

Wonder what Jason thinks of this???

4. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

For $150,000, this album better sound amazing--production/mixing-wise. No excuses.

Former Planets likes this.
  5. AMC

Regular

I saw an episode of HGTV where Mike moved to Waco I was shocked to see that the house they bought was only $110,000
    They did put a hundred fifty thousand into it though.
    Just seem like a low-cost house for him

6. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I obviously don't know his personal financial situation but MxPx isn't exactly a cashcow. I'd wager he's decently well-off but not RICH.

a nice person likes this.
  7. failinginplace

Regular

Yeah that was the series finale of the Fixer Upper show. someone earlier in the thread noted that this would be a second home so $300k for a second home isn't bad. The way I look at it, having zero knowledge of their financials, is if that's what they can afford and they stayed in budget, awesome. If they could afford a ton more than that and this is what they did, then presumably they are being responsible with their money, so kudos to them.

As a room, that recording studio was awesome. As a recording studio... I'm not sure that's nearly adequate lol

8. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

He has a legit one in Bremerton, where 2/3 of his band still are. That new one in the new home is likely for smaller/acoustic projects.

9. AMC

Regular

That's funny I thought the same thing the studio look awesome but it really wasn't that functionable

10. AMC

Regular

Yeah true plus I did just read that it's a second house so make sense

11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Maybe it depends on what they mean by “recording studio.” I know they’re keeping their Bremerton home which has his main studio. Maybe this will be for smaller projects or just for demoing his own stuff. It seems like his reaction was positive. But it is TV.

12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely a place to do quick demos. He would design it himself if it was going to be a proper studio for producing.