Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MxPx Announce Vinyl Boxset

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

MxPx will release a boxset of all ten of their albums on vinyl on March 19th.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I set my alarm to not miss this. Just one of their best older albums goes for 100+ on discogs.

blink180ryan likes this.
  3. Think I'm gonna do it as a present to myself. And it's probably going to be so expensive. :mxpx:

4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Take my stimulus money, MxPx. I almost don’t care how much it is. My Blink 182 box set with 7 albums was only $169. So for three more albums maybe not much more? Praying it doesn’t go over $250. But even if it is more it’ll still be cheaper than the four albums first pressings I don’t have. And BEAA which has never been pressed!

blink180ryan likes this.
  5. failinginplace

Regular

im in.

6. gbuffers

England.

Anyone know if these are going to be pressed for individual sales. Notice in the description it says about variants “which will only be featured in this set” suggesting they will.

Definitely want the first 6 but will have to see the price to consider the whole thing (just bought a new house!) Can’t miss out after all this time though!

7. thecobrakais

Regular

my entire life has led to this moment. i can't wait. I'm guessing it's going to be $350.
    [​IMG]

failinginplace likes this.
  8. Dying_ambiance

Newbie Supporter

Mike responded to a comment on Instagram asking this same question and pretty much said individual pressings are not in the plans at this time.

9. BIDEN BUX

Snoblin and Jason Tate like this.
  10. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Three copies of Buffalo just showed up on discogs today for almost 200 each. Tryna make that money while they can. Until 500 of these box sets are immediately flipped.

a nice person likes this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So sick

12. gbuffers Mar 11, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2021)
    gbuffers

England.

Thanks!

I am sure shipping to England on top of the price of the box set is going to be crazy. Got to balance my love of MXPX with being a responsible adult but it’s too good to miss!

Hopefully if this sells out super quick (which it will) they’ll see the potential for individual pressings to make those bucks! I suppose it wouldn’t be good to announce it now or people might be put off the box set

13. Dying_ambiance

Newbie Supporter

Responsibility? What's that? (Sorry I had to).

Jason Tate and Yourbiggestflan like this.
  14. gbuffers

England.

Hahaha well played sir.

Dying_ambiance likes this.
  15. theredline

Trusted Supporter

$349. Dang.

16. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Yeah, and that’s before shipping. I might change my mind and pass unfortunately. That’s really steep.

17. gbuffers

England.

$349.99 plus shipping.

As much as it pains me I’m going to have to give it a miss and hope for individual pressings in the future.

18. gbuffers

England.

thecobrakais likes this.
  19. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Yeah. 35 for a single lp is too high. X10 is ridiculous. I get that there’s the slipmat and the book but I’d gladly skip those