Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mutemath Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Apr 14, 2016.

1. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I listened to their more recent albums pretty frequently but it's been a while since I've thrown on the self titled. I forget how good this album is.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

as much as I love all their albums, self titled is forever the best

3. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

When's that solo album going to drop?

4. irthesteve

I'm not bumping this with any new news, so don't get mad at me.

Anyway I am revisiting Voice In The Silence today and I think it's a pretty underrated release, definitely shows that Paul can do it alone if he wants to continue, who knows if he will.

I also looked up what he's been doing since the release and he's done a bit of production. It might be well know, but he produced most of 21Pilots Trench, which makes sense after that collab EP the two bands did together. He also co-produced the song "Saturday" on their new album.

He was producer for the song "Creature" by Half Alive and Allmusic lists him as a producer and background vocals for LANY's Mama's Boy, but I don't see any credits anywhere on wikipedia

And then, I saw that he co-wrote and produced this entire album, never heard of the band, but I guess I should check them out now huh

beachdude likes this.
  5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Love that Half-Alive song. I like that Paul has gotten into production for other artists, but I would buy a solo album in an instant.

beachdude likes this.
  6. Gooddayz

always and forever

That's really cool he's continued to do production. I just heard Saturday and it's a jam!

Interesting to see he worked with The Blue Stones.. don't know much about them, but they have a great song called Magic.

beachdude likes this.
  7. irthesteve

I went through and listened to all the songs I posted about and had the same thought.... production and music is cool but the vocals are bad. Didn't like any of the songs/bands vocally

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Vitals is still a fucking party, once stratosphere hit the album is a 10/10 from there

beachdude, JRGComedy and irthesteve like this.
  9. irthesteve

Honestly all their albums are great

Gooddayz, whitenblue88 and beachdude like this.
  10. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Odd Soul was the only miss for me.

airik625 likes this.
  11. irthesteve

Oh man, no way, that album is insanely good

12. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I know a lot of people like it. Just isn't for me. I felt like they were trying too hard to sound like The Black Keys.

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Might actually be my favorite from them tbh, hard to pick though

irthesteve likes this.
  14. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Unearthed my old CD copy of the self-titled album today, and it is still so good. Wish they had put Reset on it on, though.

15. irthesteve

[​IMG]

Hello friends...
    Dear Friends,

Darren King here (drummer/producer formerly of MUTEMATH). I'm releasing my first single as DK the Drummer on July 9th. It's called A Dagger and features the incomparable Wyn Starks and Daisha McBride on vocals. If you would like to continue following my creative adventures please click this link and join my new email list.

I plan to release one song each month for the remainder of the year, each with a different guest singer and/or MC, culminating in a full length album that I'm calling Lockers Volume 1. My dream is to make at least 3 of these collaborative albums as an opportunity to work with my favorite singers and MCs. I'm thrilled to finally share these songs I've been working on for so long! Following my email list will be the best way to find out about upcoming shows, music and video releases, and online events.

Lastly, I just want to say thank you to all of you who have ever supported any project I've been a part of in any way whether with your money, time, or encouragement. Thank you!

Also, today is my 39th birthday! I made it!

Much Love,
    Darren

[​IMG]

Presave A Dagger

Crisp X, beachdude, anonimito and 4 others like this.
  16. irthesteve

coleslawed, beachdude and anonimito like this.
  17. irthesteve

well shit, this is pretty damn cool

18. irthesteve

oh HELLO there's a video too, nice getup DK

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

oh gee A musicvid. I can't think of the last time I watched a music video. Most music video-watchin I did was something around 98 when I was killing pop-up video and TRL. Now I just don't have time and honestly would picture my own setting. I feel like I've brought this up to you before at least once over the last 15 years haha. Do you still enjoy watching music videos, Tom?

irthesteve likes this.
  20. irthesteve

I wish music videos were more a part of my music consumption, I really did love the TRL days. Ironically, last night I had a friend over and we watched a TON of early 2000s pop videos from the TRL era and it was some great nostalgia

beachdude and airik625 like this.
  21. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Not at all what I expected, but this is cool.

beachdude and whitenblue88 like this.
  22. irthesteve

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  23. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

24. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

anonimito likes this.
  25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Remembering how good these guys were live. Probably the most talented band I've ever seen in person. The breakdown at the end of this song is insane.