Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mutemath Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Apr 14, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Mutemath, sometimes styled as MuteMath or MUTEMATH, is an American alternative rock band from New Orleans that formed in 2003. The group consists of lead vocalist and keyboardist Paul Meany, drummer Darren King, guitarist Todd Gummerman, and bassist Roy Mitchell-Cárdenas, but they often perform on any mixture or variation of these instruments.

2. beachdude

Getting heavily into this style of indie rock. I heard one of their newer songs today walking around campus and Shazam-ed it, they seem to be pretty diverse sonically because it didn't sound like the stuff I'd heard from them. Gonna listen to more of them.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Every album of theirs is great, and they are all different from one another. Start at the beginning with the Reset EP and move forward from there

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I was already listening to the self-titled album when I posted that haha, I'll cop the Reset EP later since it's not on streaming services.

5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I still need to check out the rest of their work, but I love Vitals

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

They were in Knoxville last weekend and I was too broke to go. :verysad:

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. josephcissell

Regular

I’ve been into these guys ever since they put out that crazy backwards music video for Typical with their first record. I love that each album is different from the others. I feel like they’ve generally gotten better with each one, though there were a few bumps along the way. If you get a chance to see them live, GO. They are phenomenal and put on a very high energy set. Darren King is one of the best drummers I’ve ever seen live.

Gooddayz and beachdude42 like this.
  8. TotesAndGoats

Bear

Armistice is one of my favorite albums.

Mostly I just love watching their live videos. Crazy talented.

beachdude42 and josephcissell like this.
  9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Odd Soul is my favorite, but they're all great and different in their own ways.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. beachdude

Odd Soul is such a jam! These guys have four great albums, and I'm enjoying them all in different ways.

11. beachdude

I'm enjoying Vitals but honestly it's probably my least favorite of their albums. Personally Odd Souls is my favorite by them, the blues-y rock sound fits them really well.

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

this band is amazing

13. Gooddayz

always and forever

Love this band. It's cool how distinct each of their albums are. It's a toss up between Odd Soul and S/T as my favorite. I remember loving typical and spotlight, but it wasn't until Odd Soul came out that I actually checked out their discography.

14. irthesteve

Two new songs on a Japan edition of Vitals just came out. "Somewhere Right" and "Fine After All"

15. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh nice. They any good?

16. irthesteve

Yeah Somewhere Right is pretty awesome, Fine After All is cool too. I dunno if we have a b-sides thread here, but they're worth listening to

17. Gooddayz

always and forever

Sweet! I'll definitely give them a listen.

18. irthesteve

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. irthesteve

20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Love this video. Love this song. Probably my favorite song from last year.

21. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

MUTEMATH Setlist at U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati

Was really curious what their setlist would look like for this tour. Looks like they're pushing the new album pretty heavily (duh), but I never thought I would see a mutemath setlist where they didn't play Typical (or anything else from the s/t). Ha

Really hope this tour does well for them.

22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Also (pleasantly) surprised they picked Clipping as their Armistice song over something like Spotlight.

23. irthesteve

Yeah that's a weird ass set list, but it's a short opening slot, so I get the difficulty of putting together a setlist that short

24. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Brand new song "Changes" on Spotify!

josephcissell and beachdude42 like this.
  25. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

This might be a top 5 MuteMath song

josephcissell and beachdude42 like this.