Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mutemath Post Up Limited Edition 10th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

75$ for vinyl only yikesssss

Serenity Now likes this.
  3. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

My thoughts exactly.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's so expensive because of the cost of getting the music from Warner Bros., but without a statement, it looks like the band is charging that much just because they can.

Serenity Now and DejaMoi like this.
  4. Colin Your Enthusiasm Dec 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2016)
    Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah i saw this last night when it first got posted on facebook and lots of fans were calling them out saying cash grab. Like you said without a statement its hard to argue with that. I mean I get that it's limited and all but still its crazy high.

Serenity Now likes this.
  5. SchlongConnery

Newbie Prestigious

Came here to say the same. $75 for a record is absurd.

Serenity Now and DejaMoi like this.
  6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

With shipping to Canada its $91.99. Laughable and ridiculous for a record and nothing else.

7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

No thanks. Prices are unreal. Especially when the vinyl release doesn't even include their best song...Reset.

coleslawed and DejaMoi like this.
  8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

They addressed it on facebook but did they really or is it just me....?

9. If only 1000 will ever be pressed I'd rather the band get the money than the auction sellers in a few years.

KidLightning and ohitsjustrob like this.
  10. SchlongConnery

Newbie Prestigious

That's right bands! It's okay to gouge your fans because they could be paying more on eBay!

Serenity Now likes this.
  11. Serenity Now

I respectfully disagree. If you do this, you're making your true fans pay more on the hunch that greedy profiteering will take place. Behavior that is usually not typical of a true fan in the first place.

12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

It sold out within a day, so apparently enough people felt otherwise and paid the money to get it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. It sold out.

Armistice goes for > $289.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Armistice-LP-by-MUTEMATH-Vinyl-Aug-2009-Warner-Bros-Records-Record-/182362597596?hash=item2a75a868dc:g:TusAAOSwWnFWAZSz&_trkparms=pageci%3Adc633c62-ba5b-11e6-8bdf-005056b62103%7Cparentrq%3Acb697e8f1580a622961ac7f2ffe8285e%7Ciid%3A5

It's not really a hunch. Bet you'll see this exact pressing being sold for more than 75 within a few months on there.

14. SchlongConnery

Newbie Prestigious

Can't believe you're supporting this type of activity. This is exactly how you don't treat your fans in this day and age.

And to address your point of the new pressing selling out: how many of those are immeadiately going on eBay? They may as well just charged $300 themselves. Gouging your fans is despicable.

15. I don't think selling something for the amount people will pay is gouging.

And if it goes up on eBay for 300 you admit that it's not gouging: it is infact underpriced. Kinda destroys your argument there.

Basic Econ 101 here and I'd rather the band profit than a reseller on it. So if they make more money this way and it's easier on them to sell it in limited quantities. They can go for it. Their music their choice. Throwing a tantrum over a band being able to make any money at all in this day and age is despicable and I'm not having this argument for the millionth time.

16. SchlongConnery

Newbie Prestigious

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." -Someone smarter than me. Morals and Ethics 101.

Perhaps Mutemath (and you, Martin Shkreli) could take a lesson.

17. What Martin Shkreli did literally harms people's lives and should be illegal. Selling a thousand copies of your album on vinyl 10 years after it was released does not harm people's lives and is no where near the realm of illegal and is a copy of a product available literally everywhere for virtually free. This is so fucking offensively bad as a comparison. Jesus Christ.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. SchlongConnery

Newbie Prestigious

Same principle, different caliber. The point still stands.

19. No, no, holy shit no ... two different things are not the same. When I can download life saving pills on my computer for free, come back to me and we'll talk.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. SchlongConnery

Newbie Prestigious

Ha yeah, it is the same. Product A typically costs X. Person/Company decides to inflate cost to Y because they can and because they know the consumer will pay the price anyways. Is it ethical? No, but who cares as long as person/company is making bank.

Pretty simple. Like I said, same principle, different caliber. But I'm not an economist... (and neither are you)

How convenient you glossed over the whole "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" thing too. Ya know, having some ethics and respecting your fans.

And I'm not sure of your politics, but if you were a Bernie supporter, you should be ashamed. Jesus Christ. This was the shit he spoke out against. Broken capitalism. You must LOVE scalpers.

21. This is so fucking stupid I can't believe you actually believe it. My post literally was an argument against scalpers. You're literally pretending huge banks and pharma are the same as broke musicians.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

22. Serenity Now

Dang. I see that. Had no idea there were such serious fans of this band.