Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MUTEMATH - Play Dead (2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Spazzy McGee

Regular

KidLightning likes this.
  2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I am so ready for this. That third preview sounds awesome. I have a feeling this may be their best release.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

beachdude42 and KidLightning like this.
  5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

haha "Emerging artists"

6. irthesteve

Holy. Shit. Darren quit the band. This is horrible.

7. irthesteve

jordalsh likes this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that is a huge bummer! I am still excited for the new album, but it really doesn't bode well for the future.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

What the fuuuuuuuck

KidLightning likes this.
  10. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

At least we get to go into this knowing it's almost certainly the last Mutemath album

11. irthesteve

The way the letter is written is so heartbreaking

12. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Yeah, that sucks. I hope everything is ok with Darren.

Also the replacement drummer was the drummer in Earthsuit.

wood&wire, beachdude42 and coleslawed like this.
  13. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I never got to see them live. Could have went easily to one of the shows on the Vital tour, but decided not to go. :/ I have the opportunity to see them on this tour and may do it, but it won't be the same. What a huge dang bummer.

(maybe Daren is going to bigger and better things? Maybe it was a financial thing? I know he is other worldly talented so maybe he got a great offer. Only dumb guessing)

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this is a major bummer.

15. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

I don't think I've been so upset about a band member leaving since Aaron left Underoath.

Also, comparing this statement with the one made after Roy left makes me wonder what the heck happened.

16. beachdude

Yeah, really wondering what's going on with the band... Hopefully the new album is amazing because I definitely think it could likely be their last.

Joel Gustafson likes this.
  17. Wow

18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Now I really regret not seeing them after Vitals.

Really wonder what he's going to do next and curious as to what the circumstances were

19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Damn, it sounds like this decision was very abrupt. I can't believe it.

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Huge bummer but at least we get one last album with him, even if it ends up being the band as a whole's last.

beachdude42 and KidLightning like this.
  21. Wow I am kinda reeling from this. Gonna be so weird seeing them next month

22. irthesteve

I'd bet that Darren left for the same reason Stacy left Eisley, to spend more time with his family and off the road. I'll bet he is full time Sucre now

23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Possibly, but the timing is strange for that to be the reason. Why not play out the tour then and then step away at a time that makes more sense?

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. irthesteve

I feel like the timing is MORE evidence to it being for family. If he indeed wants to be home more, then not touring is the most immediate way to do that

25. beachdude

I definitely don't think we can rule out Roy and Darren's departures being connected somehow, considering they left only 3 months apart after both being in the band since the beginning. That's just speculation though and it's totally possible they both left for separate personal reasons.