Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mutemath – “Love Light a Way”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

anonimito likes this.
  2. stringerebrock

Amazing - man I miss mute math

3. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

Glad that Paul is still continuing this, but it's just not the same without DK.

4. thechetearly

Regular

100% agreed.

5. okaybrian

That feeling when you know you're not going to like a song solely based on the title...

MM is such a weird band for me now. I know they lost half of their band and really have not done anything good since, but they have one of the most incredible, most fully realized debut albums I've heard in the past... 20 years, and they will forever be legends because of that.

6. Never missed imo.

contra11mundum likes this.
  7. What do you mean? Original guitarist aside, the rest of the band was on all the releases, even the 2018 EP as some of it consisted of songs from the scrapped album that preceded Armistice.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. okaybrian

Ha! You're so right! I had no idea. For some reason I always thought Darren and Roy left after Odd Soul because of the sound change... I know Roy had a bigger hand in the songwriting of OS, which is why that album seemed so different, but OS was also where I began to feel iffy about them. Everything after really didn't hold my attention like their previous work so I guess I didn't really follow them too closely after that. So when I eventually heard that Darren and Roy left, I figured the sound change after OS was because of that.

They hit on something so amazing and unique for their debut and they haven't really captured me so completely with their work since then. I feel like anyone can take a few minutes and find 10 pop albums that are in the same vein as their two newest, but to do the same would be difficult for their debut.

Now I have Mutemath on the brain, so I'm going to listen to nothing but their two newest for the rest of the day to see if it finally clicks! Thank you for showing me I needed to learn more about current MM!

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

If you have some pop albums that sound similar to the last 2 I’m all ears.

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Play Dead is my fav MM album

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. thecobrakais

Regular

this song is fantastic. i don't know what people are complaining about.